I have lost my Settee

By Gabs
@gabs8513 (48716)
United Kingdom
I have to share the Settee with Mum all the time now I thought that once Mum gets a lot better I can have the Settee all to myself again when she sits at the Computer but oh no all that hope has been destroyed, I am devastated as I love my Settee spreading out on it, having it to myself and now Mum will be on there with all the time I bet you are wondering why, ok well no Mum is not deserting all her Friends by not going on the Net, no her Computer is not broke, it is worse then that, Mum now has a [b]Lap Top[/b] yep she has got one after waiting for 2 years She got Money for her Birthday from her special Man and managed to get a loan for the rest, of course Mum is happy, as she is now Comfortable and taking up MY Settee so what do I do now, I have walked over this Lap Computer thing and Mum was having a fit because the screen was flashing, I thought it looked quite pretty actually, but Mum was saying "Gissi get of there" Well I just stood and looked at her and all these pretty little flashes on here, well Mum gently pushed me of, I think she thought I was going to blow the silly thing up While she was setting it all up and that I was being neglected I had to throw my own Chewy for me Just because she was trying to put everything on her Laptop, ok I got the Hugs but I wanted to play, to get Mum's attention I even tried to help her typing but I don't think she was to happy when I walked over her Lap Computer instead of walking behind Mum well tough it is still my Settee and I will go where I want to on the Settee hehehehe But it is ok everyone I have already figured this new gadget out as you can see hehehe as I am here talking to you all but do not tell Mum as she still thinks I do not know how to use it, it is a bit hard to open it as I have to slide a thing but hey I have figured that to Ok I better go before Mum catches me see you all soon, Love you all ......Bye .......Gissi
Oh mum’s having a rather great time isn’t she? I think she’s being unnecessarily pampered by all around her…what say you? how unfair, as it is she is supposed to lie on her bed most of the time and not prop up on the sofa….so she can very well carry this lap thing with her to bed…cant she? I’m with you on this one Gissi…bark her off till she comes down from her high horse and listens to you
OH BTW you intelligent imp…do be careful with the Lap thing…its rather expensive and sensitive you know…lookout for the scratches you leave on the keys…mum will know sooner or later that you were on it heehehe
@gabs8513 (48716)
Yep she certainly should be I agree with you there but she will not listen to me you know Thanks for reminding me about that I guess I better put Gloves on when I come on here what do you think I have to go to Mum as I am sharing her Breakfast and if I leave it to late she will eat it all
oh you greedy darling…smooch thnx for the BR, it’s a new high for me you know (thumping my back). I was kind of getting bored of BRs from these harebrained humans
@1grnthmb (2063)
Hi ya Gissi, You just tell Mum that you re the boss and what you want is what you should get. That settee is yours so tell her to get her own. I also like to walk on My Jenny's laptop and make it do funny things. It is fun but she gets made at me and my Daddy laughs at me. But I still do it because it is fun. Daddy will some times give me a Dingo to keep me occupied so I will leave Jenny alone for a while. But I prefer to set on her lap when I chew on them and she has that darn contraption there. I have to stay by My Jenny because I do not what my sisters to bother her. They always want her attention and have her rub their ears. But she is My Jenny. So you tell you Mum that you deserve to play on her contraption just as much as she does. Sebastian, lick lick.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hey Sebastian I have figured it out now the good thing is I get more Belly Rubs and I can snuggle up to Mum it is better then when Mum was always sitting on the Desk top But I have told her that if she does not behave she has to sit on the Floor as it is still MY Settee You love your Jenny like I love my Mum How is Jenny doing I hope still good Mum told me all about her Great to see you ..........Gissi
@1grnthmb (2063)
Oh Dear! I do not know how Mum would take it having to set on the floor. You know that our people are just licky when it comes to things like that. My Jenny is doing very well. She has some sores where the braces are rubbing on her heals nut I lick them to make them all better. She is so happy all the time and that just makes me even happier. Sebastian
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Gissi, you are such a clever little fellow figuring out how to use your Mum's new laptop. Not only that, but you have figured out how to open it too (I know that must have been hard for you to do with your little paws). Sounds like your mum is more relaxed now using it on the settee, so I think you will just have to get used to it sweetie! You don't take up much room anyway, I'm sure there is room for you both. You can stretch out when mum gets up to stretch her legs, lol!
@gabs8513 (48716)
It is a big Settee and I just loved spreading all over it but I am starting to like Mum being on here as I get to snuggle up to her and get lots of Tummy Rubs But yes I knew to I would figure the Lap top out hehehehe Mum thought I wouldn't it is still awkward to open it I keep slipping with the Paw but no worries I can handle it
hi Gissi smart guy like you didnt take long to learn how to use that new laptop. glad your mum got it and you must' be too since you already are on here.lol.bet mum was none too happy when youset allthe pretty lights flashing on the laptop. maybe she did think you were going to blow the darned thing up but again we know better dont'we? you and your settee you are going to have to share with mum but then I know for a fact that you love mum. we will keep itour secret about you knowing how to use the laptop. hehe he. hug to you Gissi from hatley.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hi Hatley How are you doing Mum said you have been sick and I know she was worried about you I am getting used to Mum being on my Settee it is actually quite Nice to snuggle up to Mum and I get a lot more Tummy scratches hehehehe So now I think I don't mind sharing Love you and a big hug .......Gissi
Well Gissi This is Abagail. I know what it means to lose your setee. Mom moves me off here spot on the couch all the time.I love laying on mom's side of the couch it smells like her and I love her. I love to lay on her lap and use my toe nails in her to tell her I love her like all cats do. But she will not let me do that. She says "Abagail not with the claws" I do not know why I am only showing her I love her. Gissi you need to share your setee and I will share my couch.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hey Abigail, Scruffy always did that to me and it does hurt why do you Cats have to hurt when you tell us that you love us But yes I am sharing the Settee now as I am getting lots of Tummy rubs and that is good Love and Hugs to you and try not to put the Claws out ....Gissi
Gissi, you're no fun. I love showing off my pretty claws. I think mom needs better skin. Love ya Agagail, I guess petie and Sammy send their love also.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Huh?????????????????? Do you know how much they hurt Young Lady I do so you behave yourself there Girl Hugs and Love to you all ............Gissi
@winterose (39918)
gissi I understand completely, I walk over Mom's keyboard all the time and she gets mad, and screams, but she doesn't hit me, steven my father and her son says that mom should hit me to stop me from doing that, but how can I stop, I have to jump from the coach to the keyboard on the table to get to the window It isn't my fault there house is too small I have to see everything in the window or I would be too upset, after all the other cats got stolen from being outside they won't let me go out so what else am I supposed to do? Junior the cat
@gabs8513 (48716)
I know Junior they just do not understand do they But it is good they are keeping you in as we do not want to loose you
@gabs8513 (48716)
Junior I do not think they will get rid of you they probably think you are lonely and you need a Play Mate That was like when Mike got Cookie and I love Cookie but she knows I am the Boss so make sure the new Kitten is aware of who is in charge ok
@winterose (39918)
I try but when I fight with any cat who lives in the house I get punished. What is a boy to do
@mummymo (23707)
You should be happy for Mum Gissi - she is a lot more comfortable being able to use the laptop where she likes rather than sitting at the pc. Maybe we should get her to let you use the pc all the time now xxx
@gabs8513 (48716)
She has unplugged in Auntie Mo but I have figured this new Gadget out hehehe see me smart And I get lots more Tummy Rubs now cause if not I will just lie on her Lap thing hehehe Love you xxx
@mummymo (23707)
I di dtry to persuade her that she could make the other one yours Gissi sweety but she refused to see sense! I am glad you can work that one - perhaps you could find the wireless switch for her? Hugs xxx
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hmmmmmm Mum got it now as she asked the Man in the Shop Love you Auntie Mo and miss you xxx.............Gissi
@arkaf61 (10882)
LOL poor gissi !!! But you know, you should be happy that mum has a laptop because I'm sure it is much more comfortable for her to be here with us. I am sure that you will still be able to stretch on the settee every once in awhile, but I am also sure you will find another nice comfy place to settle while mum is on her laptop :) I would tell you to give mum a hug from me, but we all know that she isn't aware that you can come here talk to us heheheheheh
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hey Mum's Twin I have figured it is actually good Mum being on my Settee I get a lot more Tummy Rubs and snuggles so I don't mind now I have given her a Hug and it is from you but she does not know it is I hope your Son is ok as Mum was telling me how poorly he is so I hope he is better Big Hugs to you and I know Mum wants to send you some to .......Gissi
@arkaf61 (10882)
YOu're such a nice dogie gissi thanks for giving mum a hug, even if she doesn't know it's from me, hugs are always something nice to get so I'm sure she loved it :) And I knew you will be able to find that the lost of the settee wasn't completely negative :) My son is finally doing better a bit and I'm praying that it doesn't get back to those bad headaches. Big hugs to you - you can share them with mum too :):)
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hi Mum's Twin I will certainly share them with Mum no worries and I am sure that your Son will get better, I will think about him really hard and hope he stays well now Big Hugs back
@blackbriar (9080)
Mom got a laptop,eh Gissi. Well then, that leaves the desktop all to you so get busy, my lil friend. Pull up a comfy chair and start typing away while mom is on her laptop. lol HUGS
@gabs8513 (48716)
Mum has unplugged it but I am going to try and plug it in tomorrow
Now that wasn't very nice of her to do that. Guess you will just have to walk all over her laptop to prove a point.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Yep I know that wasn't nice Mum said it will only get plugged in when Mel my Sister comes to visit cause then Mel can use it but its ok I am getting on better with this as I do not have to keep falling when I try to jump on the turning Chair that also has wheels
@TerryZ (22083)
Hi Gissi Your mom called me yesterday and told me about her new laptop. Well my little man if it makes mom happy Im sure you can deal with it. You can share the settee with mom. Or you can get on other computer and be here with us.heheheh I think its going to alittle bit harder for you to get on the new laptop.LOL Im always glad to see you here. Love Aunt Terry. Hugs and kisses xxx
@gabs8513 (48716)
I tried to let Mum know that she is to sit on the Floor but she will not have any of it so I guess I will just have to have the little bit in the Corner of MY Settee Love you to Auntie Terry xxx
@TerryZ (22083)
Listen little man when I talk to mom next time I will tell her she must sit on the floor. okay? Love you!
@gabs8513 (48716)
Oh thats great Auntie Terry I know that she will listen to you well I think she will Love you
@Lakota12 (42684)
oh you naughty nuaghty litte feller walking all over the lap top wonder ya didnt blow it up oops. Ya know when mom gets a new toy ya cant play with till it gets alittle older lol. and of course the sette is what she needs to be on right now so she can get well she isnt well yet. but getting there hugs aand luvs to bothe of you
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hey Auntie Lakota well I need to check things out I thought it looked good when everything was flashing but somehow Mum did not agree with me but I do get a lot more Tummy rubs now so it is really great and I do not have to keep jumping on her Chair either to get her Attention hehehehe Love and Hugs to you
@Lakota12 (42684)
very very good of you I know it was pretty but it cost alot so got to be careful with it ok Auntie Lakota
@weemam (13377)
Lol wee man there will be no stopping her now , I use Ros laptop all the time but don't tell him , shh xx
@gabs8513 (48716)
Sigh ...... tell me about it I suggested that she sits on the Floor but I am being ignored on that part I don't know xxx
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hahahaha tell Smokie Thank you and I might just try that It certainly sounds fun hehehehe
@royal52gens (5380)
This could work out well for you Gissi. Let mum have the settee. Let mum have the laptop computer. You can take over the desktop computer. You will have your own computer and desk. Then you can send instant messages to mum and your friends. You could send them email. It would be a good idea to wear your gloves if you sneak on mum's laptop. I think mum knows what your paw prints look like and that kind of evidence could be your downfall.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Mum has unplugged the Computer for now she says it does not need to be plugged in so that is why I sneak on the Lap top hehehe Mum still does not know I am on here It is a good Idea about the Gloves as I do not want to scratch it
@bellaofchaos (11550)
Aww Gissi sorry that you now have to share your Sette, Maybe you can convince your mom to get herself a new or used sette? That way she'll leave yours alone. But we're all mighty glad that you figure out how to use the new laptop. Take care and give you mom hugs from me.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Well I would want that one as well we have a Moon Chair and I have claimed that to but it's ok Auntie Bella I don't mind anymore because I am getting lots of Tummy Rubs now and it is nice to snuggle up to Mum to Hugs to you
@pyewacket (44036)
Hiya Gissi Pyewacket here...Oh that is so unfair that your mum is taking YOUR Settee...that's not right. And you have every right to walk all over her laptop just to get even with her and for not paying attention to you...and glad to hear you figured out how to use that laptop. Mmmmm.....wonder if I can convince my mom sometime to get a laptop...then that way I could use her regular computer all the time..or better yet, the laptop could be alllllll mine...I hardly ever get on her computer now, since she's doing all that novel writing of hers, but maybe I shouldn't complain as the story is based on my life and written from my viewpoint...I often tell her what to write and she types in what I'm saying to her so she shouldn't forget anything Oops gotta go...Take care of yourself and take care of your mum (((hugs)))
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hey Pye I have to say I prefer this Lap thing Mum has waited 2 Years for this and when Mum's Boyfriend, who is my Friend gave her the Birthday money towards the Lap Top she was over the Moon she managed to raise the rest herself and went and got it I wanted it but Mum said no but if they ever bring a Doggy one out Mum will buy it for me You take care to Mum did an Update on how she is doing but no one got Notifications so they do not know it is there She is doing good though Big Hugs ......Gissi
@raydene (9875)
Aww Poor Little Man You are just going to have to share the settee with Mum and be nice cause she buys the doggie treats. xoxoxoxoxoxoo
@gabs8513 (48716)
OOOppss I forgot she buys them, better stop telling Mum to sit on the Floor then or I might not get any when she goes at the Weekend good thinking Auntie Ray xxxxxx
@gemini_rose (16193)
Not so good news for you little fluffball, but great news for your Mum I would think. She can just chill out now on the chair with it or wherever she wants! I am sure that she will make sure that you still get a place to sit, but if not then you will just have to push her over a bit!
@gabs8513 (48716)
Well I want all the Settee like I did before but Mum will not sit on the Floor I told her the Settee is mine but she is ignoring my Looks So what do I do Gemini
@KrauseHome (35034)
Well, if your Mom leaves you alone to yourself too long, you can always come over to my house. I promise to use my regular computer instead of my laptop so you can sit here and post away from my computer for me, and get all kinds of attention. That is if your Mom does not get too upset and not let you come over to visit.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hi Krause I am on my way even though it is not to bad as I am now getting lots of Tummy Rubs but I think I should get a Holiday so I can come and see you and some other Friends The only thing is Mum will get lonely so I will put her in my Bag and bring her with me what do you think........Is that a good Idea?
@funnysis (2619)
Glad mum got her a laptop and you can think of it this way you and her will always be close now you can watch her on the computer while she is on and share your thoughts with her.Good luck and have fun.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Oh yes we always snuggle now