How many times have you been married?

@spalladino (17927)
With the divorce rate at around 50% in the U.S. I'm wondering how many times other Mylotters have been married and, if you've been married more than once, how old were you when you married for the first time? I've been married three times. I was 19 the first time I got married and that marriage, which was a mistake from the beginning, lasted about 18 months. My first husband was 18 when we were married and definitely too immature to be a responsible and faithful husband.
@adrico (204)
when i was eighteen i was studying in high school..and now i am 22 years old but i still studying at college.that is to say i am a single man. wow . three times you know it is really high and i really have a little surprise...lol but i think i will marry with my love for only one time..and spend all my lives with her...when we get some problem i believe we can slove together..wish my lover coming up soon...lol have a nice day!
@spalladino (17927)
Yes, three times is pretty high in my opinion, too, but I didn't make wise choices in my firt two marriages. I think my first husband and I were more in a hurry to get out of our parent's houses than really in love and, as I said, he was very immature and really not ready for the responsibility that comes with being married and living on your own. You continue studying in college and later on there will be plenty of time for you to find your true love. When you do I'm sure she will be as mature as you are and the two of you will be able to solve any problems that come up. You have a nice day, too.
@ebsharer (5519)
I was 20 when I got married and my husband was 28 - it was a first for both of us. When I met him I just knew he was the one. We have been together since that moment. We met October 17th 2003 and got married July 17th 2004. We have since had a lot of "life" experances including moving quite a distance (1200 miles) from where we met and my family in 10/05, buying our first house in 06/06, and having our daughter in 12/06. Things moved VERY quickly with us but I think it did for a reason. My parents (my mom and step dad) were the same way. They met and were engauged with in 2 weeks. They are married 13 years last week. Its funny how things work out - how history repeats itself. All I know is that I am currently in a very happy and loving marriage and as far as I can see it will be that way forever.
@spalladino (17927)
I'm so happy for you! There were red flags with my past relationships that I chose to ignore and that turned out to be a mistake. I wish you and your hubby lots of continued happiness.