Have you ever bribed an official to get things done faster?

@sharay (2778)
I have not had such a situation in my life yet, if i am in such, cannot assure if i will or wont, depends on the need
@bbsr13 (4199)
Hello,sharay! I am a retired government servant.during my long 35 years of service career, neither i had received any bribe,gift,presentation from any of my staff or i have offered any body to expedite my claims.but i know,corruption now a days has covered all departments of the government.no work can be done without bribe in any form.thanx.
@sharay (2778)
i salute you, bbsr
greasing the wheels of bureaucracy is unadvisable. it feeds and reinforces wrong habits and actions of people in offices. well, i havent done this and i am happy waiting in line for things to get accomplished the right way. it is bothersome, yes, but I know things will get better soon.
@knightrider (1087)
yes, many times, if i have money and have needs in future i will still do it
@petiksmode (2986)
yeah when i am still working in a local government office as a head clerk i used to receive such as if it will really make the work faster but it will not,,,,i really follow SOP...i dont accept bribe but after i have the papers they need tehy usually sends food for appreciation and that is no longer a bribe i guess...