Am I the only one disappointed in Barack Obama?

@Bd200789 (2994)
A few days ago he gave money to Hilary Clinton's campaign to cover her "debt". A debt which, I must add, she owes to HERSELF! I am extremely disappointed in him for doing this. Am I the only one who remembers the way she treated him the entire time she was in the race? If I had sent him money, it would have been because I supported him, not Hilary Clinton. If his supporters had wanted to donate money to her, they would have!
@rodney850 (2145)
There is one reason and one reason only that Obama did this; Political Gain! It looks good! Oh, look, Ethel, Barack still wants to be her friend! Isn't that nice!
@ch88ss (2270)
I am not disappointed. I see this a added point for him, regardless of how he was treated by Clinton, he still has the heart to be her friend. But I don't agree he use the money from his campaign because that money was from his supporters and if he still has any left, he should put all those to good use to help with the poor or something.
@beeeckie (803)
It seems like a normal move, especially if he's trying to sway her into being a possible running mate.
Hi Bd200789 Well I don't relly know about the polictians in the U.S But I think they are all in it together, all backhanders so who do you trust? no one. Taramarafireheart.
@Taskr36 (13925)
It's politics Bd. That's all there is to it. A large number of her supporters have either went to McCain, or are considering going to McCain. This was an attempt to win them over and encourage Hillary to campaign for him. Think of it this way, the money is supporting him. Instead of paying for a commercial that tells voters to choose him, he's paying Hillary to tell voters to choose him. Not only that, this can allow her to do mudslinging for him while he says "I denounce her remarks". He's really good at that.
@Savvynlady (3686)
It seems to me he was just helping the lady out. Yes she made a debt. She made a effort to be the next President of the U.S.A., but she didn't get the votes needed, and going all over this country, campaigning, raising money, and getting folks to go on your side, all of that takes a lot of time, a lot of effort and a whole lot of money. How would you suggest she pay the debt? If you ask me, he was being a gentleman helping out a lady. plain and simple.
@union6 (326)
to be honist im not dissapointed in him for doing that, as it seems like a good way to show party unity and that they are after all 'on the same side'. But i am disapointed with him as from what i have seen, im from the UK, he dosnt seem to be any diffrent than Clinton. I dont think that he would do any major change in policys.
@anniepa (27216)
This has been a common practice "forever" in Presidential primaries, it's just being talked about this year more than usual, if it's ever been brought up before in some cases. What both of the Obama's did was personally donate to Hillary's campaign as both Bill and Hillary donated to Obama's campaign so it wasn't money given out of what was donated by Obama's supporters. Also, when the discussion about the Obama camp helping Clinton retire her campaign's debt she made it clear it wasn't the money she'd put in out of her own money that she was concerned about but what she owed creditors who had given her more time to pay them. It was a very civilized and friendly "business deal" which is what happens every year. So my answer is, no I'm not disappointed in Obama at all over this. Annie
@xParanoiax (6999)
I am but only slightly. It's not uncommon for candidates to do this. Yeah, she somehow managed to overspend by million of dollars and had no back up plan...but by doing this he makes himself to look like he's taking the high road. To prove that he does not despise her and that he's not unkind to former "enemies".