Ouch that hurt.

@gemini_rose (16193)
I have just sat and written a letter and I had to lick the envelope, I was too hasty with my lick and I felt the envelope slice the inside of my lip. Ow it really really hurt. When was the last time that you accidentally cut yourself?
@ruby222 (4848)
The answer to that is im often cutting myself about!the worst cuts though are the little ones as they aalways sting the most..if you are cooking and you get salt or someting in them they nip like heck!!!A paper cut is horrible ..sometimes they csan be quite deep and sore and they take ages to heal.One of the funniest places that i cut myself was in between my forefinger and my thumb..and Mr Ruby made me go to the hospitasl..the cut was very deep...and they put stitches in it..I had no intentions of going at all..but my mind was made up for me.
@gemini_rose (16193)
That sounds like a nasty cut!
@mummymo (23707)
Ouchee - I have done that and know it can be really sore! I cut myself with a piece of paper when I was on holiday - my own fault it was a quiz and i tried to grab the sheet off my son to write down an answer and cut the skin between my thumb and finger! Hugs xxx
Oh, that does sound painful. I think I've done that before. I think I get most of those paper cuts on my knuckles and they really burn! I don't know why I get tiny cuts, but they do always get infected. At least for me.
@tessah (6621)
ive been randomly putting a putty knife through my hands for the last two weeks. gotta love wallpaper removals.. NOT! my hands and arms getting sliced up is a rather common occurance.. yard work, home improvements, glasses that are beligerant... im constantly either yanking briar thorns out of myself, or barbed wire, garden tools ( thanx to an errant rake through my hand, my tetnus shot is current and up to date ) now.. if youd asked me when the last time i set myself on fire.. thatd be slightly less common (emphasis on slightly) ever have a live chunk of sulfur fly directly up yer nostril burning alla yer nose hairs off? not fun.. did that about a half hour ago
I'd guess at this point you have a high tolerance for pain? My gosh I'm wincing just reading all of that. Ouch!
@tessah (6621)
yeah a decent pain tolerance is a necessity LOL
@gemini_rose (16193)
Oh dear tessah, what on earth you doin stickin sulphur up your nose?
@checapricorn (16066)
opps...that is surely painful! I am quite clumsy gemini, so it's like once a week, I will get a little scratch when I am sliving something and accidentally hit my finger, when I am washing the dishes manually and pass my fingers in the knives I have dried..things like that....
@gemini_rose (16193)
knife cuts are nasty, luckily I do not get many of them!
Correct I hate it's little marks in my fingers! tried to put some cream to get rid, but they are still there!
@stephcjh (32327)
Ewwww. I bet that did hurt. Ouch. I have had papercuts like that on my tongue from licking an envelope. I don't remember the last time I did it though. I have also got papercuts from regular paper that you write on also. those little cuts sting like fire.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Never had one on my tongue before although I can imagine that really hurt! I have had them on my fingers though and that hurts too!
@DonnaLawson (4032)
I don't really remember but I do remember how badly it hurt.. It isn't a cut that heals very quickly and you will feel it for quite a while.. A paper cut is painful and worrisome, but everyone makes fun of you if you complain..
@gemini_rose (16193)
It is painful! for such a tiny cut, yes people do make fun of it as well!
@ladym33 (11008)
I have cut my tongue licking an envelope before but not my lip. I think the last cut I had was a paper cut. I can't remember when the last one was before that, but I did smack my nose with a tennis racket last week, causing it to swell up. I know that doesn't count as a cut, but it sure did hurt.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Owwww Yes I can imagine that it did hurt! You are lucky that you did not break it!
@SueRod (238)
I wouldn't do that if I were you, because I heard a true story that was on CNN about a woman who worked in a post office and licked the envelope and after much pain and a swollen tongue and doctors visits and they couldn't find anything wrong, she got Xrays of her tongue to know avail. They finally did surgery and removed a cockroach because there were cockroach eggs on the envelope that she licked because there were cockroaches and eggs inside the boxes where she worked. You may get much worse than a cut lip. Although I know that is very painful and I am sorry about your pain, I just wanted to warn you about a forwarded email I received about this woman. I always, always licked the envelope when mailing a card or letter. After hearing this yesterday, I vowed I would never lick another envelope. Just passing this info along. Take care.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Oh gee thanx for that Now I am going to be paranoid about bugs growing in my cut!
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
Ouch! I've done that and it really hurts. Paper cuts are the worst! The last time I cut myself was on Thanksgiving day this past November, while I was cutting potatoes. I sliced into my thumb pretty good, even getting part of the fingernail. I didn't go get stitches and it healed up ok on it's own, but it was sore for a very long time. I think I hit some good nerves, as it's only just recently stopped hurting completely.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Owww that is really horrible, you are very brave not going for stitches, I would have been there crying like a baby.
@ellie333 (21029)
I can't remember the last time I cut myself but I had an annoying splinter the other week. Those paper cuts are the ones that sting and annoy the most though, poor you. Huggle for Gemini_rose to make you feel better. Ellie :D
@gemini_rose (16193)
Thank you, feeling better already now!xx
@MsTickle (24983)
Oww! that hurts. I haven't cut myself for ages but the other day a piece of my tooth broke off leaving a really sharp little spur. It was tearing my cheek to shreds till I filed it bit it is still pretty sharp and still roughing up the inside of my cheek. My whole mouth feels sore..
@gabs8513 (48715)
Lol I know that Hurts I have done that many a time I now buy the Envelopes that self stick lol that way I do not cut my Tongue or even worse my Lips any more
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
OMG Everytime I lick an envelope I have visions of getting a paper cut on my tongue! I can't imagine how much it would hurt! I noticed a small cut on my finger last night, no idea how it got there, but at one point when I was doing something typical, like buttoning my pants or something, I scratched the cut by accident, so that may be how I got it.