How long did you wait to....

When you first started dating your partner, how far in advance did you start to plan things such as road trips or somewhere in the tropics? How long did you wait before you met there families, or there children? How long did you know them before you became a item? I have recently (4month) have been dating a guy, we are currently saving in our own accounts for a trip together down somewhere hot or just to get away. But we don't know how far in advance we should book things. Should we wait till the closer date or should we start to reserve now with the discounts?
@bluemars (952)
It is really worth it to plan these things and it actually saves you on stress and all that because you have peace of mind and you don't have to worry that you might miss out some how because of full places or something along those lines. I would think that many of us love to go places with our partners and have those memories together but one does definitely need to plan and organize and make sure they bring a camera and things to record your wonderful time so that you can look back on those moments. To be honest with you I have not really been on a real holiday with my partner and I have known him for like eight years but that does not matter as we have done other things together that is just as important.
If you know that you will be together for awhile, then go ahead and book a flight or holiday. If things don't work out, you can always take a friend or have him pay you for the other ticket.
@checapricorn (16072)
Hi there keelymcilwain, My hubby and I tried that when we were still engaged, we talked about the plan trip about 8 months before it happened... We made all the things that we needed and it's corresponding amount, then 3 months before the trip, we book it already as well as enjoy some discounts! Enjoy!
Its really feel good when u plan what to do with your dates.Like to go on long drives,great cousines,nice high tea,boating and things like that,but when u really meet your date you really dont go for what you have planed you just want to make love with her specially when she is wear the same dress which you hjave gifted her on her birthday or on valentines day it really makes you special and i personally loves to do what i have been planed to make my date special n unique
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I think that the two of you should make an agreement over splitting the costs of the trip. Going ahead and doing it now is fine as long as an agreement has been made between the two of you. As for how long it was before I met his parents, two weeks. I met his parents on his father's birthday and as far as trips being made, we had talked about it when I started staying with him which was a week later. Have a Great day.
@dmcollie (218)
On this I would go ahead and book it. But make a contract with him first. Such as if you pay for the room and he pays for the fun, And before your trip is due you two brake off on the relationship then just go with a girl friend and get pampered. Just reimburse him, or if you brake it off amblicly go as friends have fun thats what vacations are for. When I started dating my 2nd husband, I had my daughter with me on our first three dates cause I wanted him to know I came with a full package. And his sister-in-law introduced us at the restaurant where we worked at the time.