Are you cheap?

Do you do certain things because it is cheaper? Do you try to save a buck where ever you can? I wash my dishes by hand to save on water. I wash the clothes in cold water. I keep the light off when ever possible and walk when I can. I buy stuff only in the clearance or bargain prices. I can not remember the last thing I payed full price for. I am cheap. What things do you do and can you recommend anything else I can do to save money?
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I used to think I was cheap... now I realize I wasn't. I used to think I saved a bundle by buying on clearance, only to realize I've never used that item... it was an impulse buy. I am cheap now.. or at least I hope I am. I think very carefully before making purchases, and often don't make the purchase right away, unless it's something I've been wanting for awhile and see a price I can't pass up. I cook a lot more homemade than I used to. Instead of buying bread, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pizza dough, pie crust, etc etc which could definitly run well over $20 I buy flour, sugar, and butter every week and make all of the above. The remaining ingredients don't have to be purchased as frequently, and all in all it saves me loads of money. I also do my best to re-use items to make them last longer. I buy in bulk as it's a bit cheaper, then freeze what I don't use. I also get a lot of free samples which allows me to go longer without purchasing particular things such as toiletries.
And I buy second hand a lot!! Whenever I think of something I could use I check the second hand shops first. We are trying to get more electric heaters right now because our furnace runs on gas, and electricity is cheaper... so I've been scouring the thrift shops for used electric heaters. I found a nice one for $5 yesterday. I also refuse to buy my children brand new clothing! They're kids... it will only fit them for a year, and chances are they will destroy it or stain it long before they out grow it. I get a lot of hand me downs from my neighbors... I save the older boys clothes for the younger ones, and when I need to, I buy them used clothes at the thrift stores. Call me tacky.. but I have given them used clothing as gifts at Christmas, but they don't care if it is used or not.
@irishmist (3820)
Yes I have to say I'm cheap, I have to be as I live alone. I to wash my clothes in cold water ( never used to though ). I also try never to cook on my gas stove. I have a George Forman grill, crockpot and a microwave oven, thats all I need. Once in awhile I will use my stove. I shop at the dollar store a lot. Also with gas being so high I try to do all my errands in one day and make a round trip of it. I shop at Price Chopper, and they have many buy one get one free deals, so I take advatage of this. I have a ton more ways I save money, but I don't want to bore you.
@mclendon (308)
I wash in cold and only full loads of laundry. I run the dishwasher when it is full. I can load it to capacity. In summer I will open windows and turn on the attic fan in the morning to draw in the cool air and then shut everything and close curtains and blinds while I'm at work so the air conditioner won't come on and it will be cool. I will sit by a window before I'll turn on a light. I prefer to use spotlights or lamps before overhead lighting. I use lemon concentrate, sugar and water to make lemonade for my kids rather than buy juice. etc, etc.
Yes when i go shopping i like to go on the days they have big sales cause i don't like paying for my clothes full price... I'm like realy cheap i hate to spend money and i am a female, My husband likes to spend money more than i do. I love sales