delivering a baby: how painful is it?

Indonesia
delivering a baby is a really great and noble duty. being a man, i will never experience it. so, my dear women, pls accept my wholehearted respect. i will more appreciate if you can tell your experience in delivering your babies here. thx in advance
@ayessa (1586)
YEah they are right. The pain depends on the tolerance of a woman. I really don't have that hig tolerance on pain but I can say that it was too hard for me when I gave birth. I never had any labor pains that lasted for hours that some women do experience. I only had labor pains for one hour or less then I was able to give birth after my second push and that was it. I just can't bear the pain when I had to be stitched. That was the painful part I can say. Though it maybe because I gave birth so quickly.
yes, being stitched is so painful. i experienced it when i got an accident while riding motorcycle. i hurt my leg and they have to stitched the wound. but, don't they give you anesthesia?
@ayessa (1586)
it was all natural
Okay now, did you ever have a horrible stomach upset? something like a gastric pain or appendix pain? Just double that pain to nearly 100 times, associated with "a cut through the back bone with a knife" pain. And imagine the intensity of the pain increasing for every 1 minute to 30 seconds. I guess you got an idea, or did you? But as you stated, thats the best experience of my life too, coz i got my baby, the love of my life, a gift, who has changed my entire view towards life.
hi keep_onwatch, that's terrible...i don't think i can bear it. yes definitely you deserve it, after suffering the pain and other things you have to undergo. thx for sharing it btw congratulations on reaching 1000 posts you did great job.
@baileycows (3669)
I had often heard it is a pain you will forget. I kept laughing "yeah right". I was so nervous because I thought all the women before me that had done it were super women or something. However I am going to tell you no lie. It was not that hard, but I must say I have a high endurance for pain. I did not have an epidural and had my baby girl naturally. It was so easy. I would not be scared at all to do it again and maybe that is because "I forgot how painful" LOL ! When I look back on that night I can't even remember what the pain on how nice it was. I know I am fixing to get some nasty comments from some women that it was horrible. But seriously for me it was not bad at all.
hi baileycows, that's great you have a high endurance for pain, and delivered your baby naturally. thx for sharing it here
@mmiller26 (1932)
It's subjective. Every woman's pain tolerance is different. For me, it wasn't quite so bad because I had an epidural. Had I not had it though, it would have been overwhelming. I went through 10 hours of contractions before the epidural and at its worst, I was doubled over and yelling. After the epidural I was relaxed and happy, and the pushing itself wasn't so bad.
hi mmiller, thx to sharing it here. i heard that contraction is the most popular issue in delivering a baby. well, anesthesiology is really a great science and help people much.
i have always heard that it hurts really bad but you soon forget after you get the baby and get happy about it.. which i guess would have to be true since people have a lot of kids and i doubt they make their decision based upon the worst memories of the pain at the time of delivery.. i will never know.. i cant have kids.. i dont want them either but if i did have kids i would want a natural birth.. but i would prob end up taking pain killers lol