What about you?

@MH4444 (2161)
How do you decide who to respond to? Which discussions do you choose and why? I choose those who have replied on mine. I also add friends that are not on my list when one of them replies to my discussion. That helps me keep track of those people on here that are actually contributing to my forum life here. What about you all?
@rsa101 (13337)
Well I usually start with discussion from my interest then if I don't find interesting then I proceed to discussion my friends started then the top discussion. In those areas I am pretty sure I will get one topic to respond to. I also reply those that responded to my posts.
@MH4444 (2161)
That makes good sense to me.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
If I see a discussion that I have something to say about, I respond, it doesn't matter who started it. Obviously I'll see more of the discussions that my friends start so it would make sense that more of my responses will be on their discussions, but I don't answer just because it's a friend. I play by the rules.
@MH4444 (2161)
Good, I didn't think it was. Look at the side of the page here and you will see "discussion my friends have started". Check it out.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
I know that and that's exactly what I'm talking about. Those discussions rotate each time you refresh your page, just like the rest of the categories on the right hand side of the page. I go through the topics on the entire right side and pick from those that interest me, not just my friends. I open each tab that looks like I might want to answer, then when I'm done going through those tabs, I refresh the page and do it again. I've been doing this a while now, and know what I'm doing.
@mysdianait (63950)
I reply: - according to the time I have available ( I would like to reply to everyone but that is not possible) - to the discussions that 'take my fany'. If I feel I can have no say in the matter I don't contribute or ifusually new users, it's a short discussion just to get the numers up then I skip it. - if it's about earnings I definately skip it. I have a very hard time trying to keep up with the discussions by all my friends. If they are friends who know me for a long time on here then they have realisesd U cannot be on here as much as I would like too. I even have difficulty in responding to all who reply on my wn discussions and that is always my priority. I also tend to stick in the 'money' section because there always seems to be users asking for advice where I feel I can help or others who are slamming something when they have no reason to do so - and in that case I go straight there even risking being late for work
@mysdianait (63950)
I apologice for all the typing errors - I really rushed there cos it's 2 in the morning and I'm trying to catch up with as many as I can as I worked this evening and I'm sooooo far behind It whould be 'takes my fancy' - I hope you can work round the other errors
@MH4444 (2161)
I really appreciate the way you do that for the community. There are many people who want to bash things because they simply fail to understand things. Good for you in monitoring that. As to the typos. We all do that at times.
@iskayz (5424)
Hi MH! I reply to discussions that I find interesting and where I am knowledgeable so I can share a lot. I can also explain myself better if I know a lot of things about the topic. Like you I also like adding friends in my friends list. I have several already and I got them all here in mylot. You see when I joined this community I was never referred by anyone so finding friends here is really something for me. Discussions from my friends are the first that I check everyday. Not because they're my friends but because we usually have the same interests and having same interest what makes interaction online fun. Ciao!
@MH4444 (2161)
Ciao! Makes pretty logical sense to me. Nice meeting you by the way.
mh4444 I decide on which discussions to respond to based on how much they interest me, going from discussion my friends have made to todays hot topics and todays top discussions, and go back and forth betweenthese realms. I like variety and like to 'be as loyal as possible to my friends too.
@MH4444 (2161)
That's me as well. Basically, if it interests me, I will comment on it as well. That way, you make new friends and get to know the friends you have better.
@98765m (1021)
Well,the discussions which I respond to depends on the topic of interest and also whether I am impressed by that discussion.I always try to help people if I can, if they ask any doubts about anything.I always try to respond to discussions which interests me,which are started by my friends.then I slowly take a look to almost all the discussions from "discussions from my interest". For me to answer a question,first of all I should have known a good reply to that discussion first.I never respond to discussions for just the mere sake that my friend has started it.I always try to post both quality and quantity posts. Also,I always do try to comment to all the responses that I have received for my discussions and also for the comments that I have received for my responses. Cheers! Have a fantastic day Happy mylotting and happy earnings.
@MH4444 (2161)
Thanks, I love the avatar by the way. too cute! I do vary by day; but I really make an effort to return the favor to my friends for asking to be my friends. It also helps you get to know them. Cheers
@CatsandDogs (13964)
I respond to discussions that I feel that I have something to contribute to. It doesn't matter if they're on my friends list or not nor if they respond to my discussions or not, none of that matters to me. I like to keep an open mind about everything. Could be a reason why they don't respond to all or some or what ever of my discussions. Who knows what other's reasons are.
@MH4444 (2161)
I like to look around at things other's that are not on my friends list, are writing about. I have found some great friends that way on here.
I always start off by looking at my friends's discussions and responding to them. If it's a day where I have some free time, then I'll look around the site and respond to any discussions I find interesting or provoking. If I respond to someone this way several times, I then add them to my friends list.
@MH4444 (2161)
That's how I find new friends as well. Unless of course they find me.
@suspenseful (40326)
I get the myLot digest and I have to reply to them, even though a lot of them are just fluff. I mean how long a discussion can you give to what type of shampoo you use or how to get unwelcome visitors to leave the house? If it is more than four lines you are lucky. So after I finish them, then I will go to the my friend list and look for the most exciting posts. I however am a bit wary of the controversial ones so when I get one then I never go back to it after giving my response. Sorry but I do not like getting flamed. That is why I did not check the one where someone replies to a discussion I responded to. I know that there are some I missed that I responded to that were nice, but those few controversial discussions that I got flamed with spoiled it for me.
When I look for discussions to response, I don't look at the person posting it, I look at the topic of the discussions, whether I can relate and may add something I really know about in the discussion. The poster could be someone I recognize, or someone I really don't know. I do have notifications to my emails, so I do response to friend's discussions, but still the ones I can relate to. I don't answer to discussions which I really don't have answer to just because a friend started it.
I usually respond to discussions that interest me for some reason. Tonight I decided to respond to friend discussions. Sometimes especially in the morning I respond to the news items so that i can read semi-indepth about news stories I'm interested in.