So what does everyone think about Harley and Gus on AMC?

@sissy15 (5769)
So I'm really not sure how to get my thoughts on this subject down, so bare with me. The rumors about Beth Ehlers (Harley) going onto All My children with Ricky Paull Goldin (Gus) started awhile back, but were confirmed at the Emmys. I started watching All My children on Ricky's first day on the show. It took me awhile but I now like it, but it's still not the same as Guiding Light, and his character isn't as great as Gus. It also seemed to me that Ricky Paull was more himself as Gus, than he is as Jake Martin. Gus was Goofy, but could be serious, and well he was just Gus. Now Beth Ehlers will be going onto the show, but she will be creating a new character. I think it said something like an ex soldier of some sort. Anyway I believe they are going to try to put her and Jake together. Which to me it's just not going to be the same as Gus and Harley. They are different characters, and as much chemistry as they have together as actors, it's just not going to be the same. It was the characters we fell in love with, and their personalitys, and to me it just doesn't seem like it's going to be the same. I don't know I could be wrong, but I don't see it working out as well as Gus and Harley. I mean they could be a good couple I just don't see it being as great as Gus and Harley. Same actors, but different characters, I just can't wrap my mind around them being different characters. I would like to see how it goes though, maybe they will prove me wrong, but to me it's just not the same. I do like All My Children though, but Guiding Light is always going to be my favorite soap. It's the first soap I ever watched, It was Cassie and Richard, and Gus and Harley that got me into the show. Now neither couple exists on there anymore, and that makes me sad. Oh well what do you guys think. Do you think the Ricky/Beth (Gus and Harley) pairing will work without them being the same characters? How do you feel about their move to All My Children? Do you now watch AMC for your dose of Ricky Paull? I'd like to hear what you guys think about everything.
@halynn (1809)
I think i might watch amc just 2 check the 2 of them out. they might b nice additons, idk. I have always found amc kinda boring. then again tho, i've never watched them long enough 2 understand the story lines.
@sissy15 (5769)
Yeah, it took me awhile to get into it, but now that I am it is interesting, it took me like a week to really like it. Possibly a little longer. I just can't see Ricky/Beth working as well as different characters, but maybe I'm wrong.
@halynn (1809)
Yeah, thats what i was thinking. i've always watched the soaps on cbs tho. they're my favorite. i just grew up watching them.
@sissy15 (5769)
Yeah, I started watching GL when I was 12 or 13, right around the time Cassie was trapped in the tower. It's the only CBS show I watch. I watch all the ABC ones now...not on purpose though lol. I saw Laura Wright (the original Cassie whom I miss)on GH, and wanted to see her character, so I kept watching it, and then I was just addicted, because I kept seeing familiar people, from Charmed and etc. and then I watched AMC, when Ricky Paull was on it, and I couldn't get into it at first, and then OLTL came on after, and I just meant it to be background noise so I could take a nap, but before I knew I was into it too, odd how I got into it when I was trying to get into AMC. Oh well now I am an official soap junkie lol.