Why do gay people like me?

I'm a straight guy, in a long term relationship with the woman of my dreams. I'm very happy to be with her, and the two of us look forward to spending our lives together. However, every time I turn around, a gay guy flirts with me, or suggests I join him in some kind of "activity". I have nothing against the gay community, but they seem to have a thing for me. I'm not that good looking, and even though I'm a nice guy, I tend to be a jerk at times when people push me to be that way. So it can't be my looks or personality. I don't even act feminine. What is it about me they like? How do I politely tell someone I'm not gay?
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Maybe it is your lean and neat body.Well you see yourself as being unattractive while someone out there see you as a person to spend the rest of their life with. You cannot never see the attributes that you have but others can see it. So whenever this happens just ignore it and don't be stress out. It is good to be admire even from the gay community.
Agreed. it's good to be admired. But I'm not lean and neatly bodied. I've let myself go, sort of. I need to get back in shape. If it's anyone who deserves to see me all sexified, it's my woman. I want to impress her, and make her lust after me like a school girl. Lol.
Maybe it's the way you dress, try dressing straight for once You might be giving other guys the wrong impression. Take my tip and tell me how it goes. Good luck.
To be honest, I feel like you're trying to insult me with that comment. You may be assuming that I dress in a flamboyant attire or something equally appealing to the gay community, but you couldn't be more wrong. I wear black jeans and a black t-shirt. Nothing more. I have a thing for the color black, so all of my clothes are black. I highly doubt the color black, is a gay color. So instead of thinking that the way I dress is somewhat "faggy", try asking about how I dress, first.
I don't know, cause I'm not a gay guy. But I can give you the point of view of a woman. When one woman sees that another woman has a really great guy, she might think to herself: "That could be me! He could make me happy." This happens a lot. Sometimes if the other woman is not in a relationship then she will pursue the man who is already involved. Maybe that is what is happening to you. Perhaps you seem like a really cool or friendly person. Sometimes people just want what they know they can't have. Maybe it's the challenge of seeing if you would do something. Sort of like someone is daring you to do something they know you wouldn't do. I guess there could be lots of answers on this one. Just tell them you're not into guys. As far as you thinking that you are a jerk. I doubt you're really a jerk. You don't come across that way. Some people do like the aggressive type. So maybe that's a turn on? Not for me. But I mean your new "friends". Anyway, best of luck with your relationship. I really do hope it works out. Finding the right person is rare. Holding onto them is rarer still! Don't let a good thing go. P.S. Please don't tell your honey about the guys hitting on you. Women get very insecure over all kinds of stuff.
Thanks for your comments. I am happy to hear that you have a loving and committed relationship. That's one of the big reasons that I posted a response. Cause finding love is rare, so why not offer help so another person could keep that. My husband is the love of my life and often he and I just sit and watch movies and hang out and do nothing special. It's not some big deal where we are always having to run off to Spain just to feel romantic and in love. Just being in the same room with him on any given day is romantic. I'm happy that you have found love too. It's a good thing. As far as all gay guys being turned on by aggression, I did not mean to say that. It came across wrong. What I meant to say is that some people, male or female might be attracted to the "strong" type. So,being aggressive might not deter a determined person. You could just walk away. That works. I am sure you will not offend anyone with a turn down of offers. It is rude of your friends to try to push you into a physical relationship that you don't want. Be well. best of luck with your sweetheart. BeautyQueen
@mEisky (825)
ahw..when i first read your topic i suddenly remember the same situation about gays..haha..though they're all funny & sometimes more flirtacious than girls,right.?but then i bet most of em were nice.. naahh.its not that you're a gay,it's just that they think your good looking that's why they got to be attracted.you're just like my bestfriend.He seemed to be the favorite of all gays in our school.everytime we're together they all started to come near us then tried to get him away from me and said "oh mEi,why are you with my boyfriend blablabla.." (though it was only a joke)hmm..the funny thing about some guys was some of 'em were afraid in gays..no.not totally afraid but trying to avoid gays because they know they're only teasing them or just having a good time pretending they have a relationship with some guys.and also avoiding to be aaked to join some "activities" they wanna do.(you know what i mean,yeah..honestly im used to hear/know that kind of issues regarding that,coz my gay friends told me so.)really funny...Come to think of it,we all know that most of some gays really like those cute ones.Even if sometimes it's just for fun.I knew it because ive got a lot of gay friends here,.LOL.. -Mei