daughbor,switching schools

By Liz
we are moving about 20 minutes away to a new parish and new school district my daughter will be starting high school this coming year, I have to decide if I should Break her heart and make her switch schools or if I'm going to drive 40 minutes a day and take her!! I know young people ajust quickly and "bounce back I just hate to force her To change. What do you think?
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi I had to make this decision with my own daughters about eight years ago and the changing of schools was the best for everyone even though there were tears at leaving their old schools friends the real ones they have remained in contact with anyway and have also made new friends. As she is just about to start high school and so will all the others too really for you the timing is perfect. It becomes more of a problem when she is the only new girl starting a couple of years into it. I also moved again due to curcumstances during exam year and in that case my daughter stayed at her old school to complete them first. Ellie :D
thanks Ellie
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Thank you for the best response. I hope you have managed to come to a decision about which school to send your daughter to. Ellie :D
Ah, talk to her DJ :) .. Tell her you dont want to make her change schools if she really wanted to stay there but at the same time also make it clear that it will be much more conveniant for both of you if she did agreed. Thats what my parents did at least .. i changed. And now i am still in contact with all of my friends from both the schools. Good Luck.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I was forced to change schools about three times in my life, the last time I had to change schools was when I was 13 and I was in high school. It was probably the hardest move I ever had to make, it was awful and it took me longer than before to make new friends. But I did eventually and then it was not too bad, you cannot really drive her to school forty minutes every day though it would be a nightmare.