Getting around when travelling

@alokn99 (5717)
While going to a new place for a visit or a holiday within your own country would you take a map or look for directions and seek them from people you come across ?
@palonghorn (5485)
Normally if I'm moving to a new place or just going on vacation, I do some research about that place and places along the way. I also gather maps for the places I will be going and a lot of cities, states, offer free visitor packages that you can order online, telling you about places to eat, things to do in that area, etc. I love traveling, but I also like having a good idea of places to visit in that area. I also pick up pamplets in the hotel lobbies where we stay, they always have a lot on the area and a lot of times there are coupons for different attractions in the area.
@teison2 (5924)
• Norway
I will bring a map, and will use it. If I feel I am lost in some way I will ask. I will also ask what route is the best, where are nice places in the area etc.