Favorite book

@freedomg (1684)
Most people I know have that one book they will read over and over agian. Mine is Daniel Steele "Silent Honor" I read it about once a year. What's yours?
@ch88ss (2270)
I read the Cat in the Hat everyday. The Thomas the tank Engine and the school field trip and Dora books. All by Dr. Seuss. Yes that is my life now. I won't be reading any adult books until she is ten, I guess.
@freedomg (1684)
ROFL! I feel you there. I have 4 kids and am forever surprised at how many times they want to hear the same book over and over and over again. Hang in there and enjoy it around 7 they start reading to you and then they are teenagers and you have to tape them to the couch if you want to read with them.
@ch88ss (2270)
That is so funny. But you are right, they will read to you then, before you know it you need to strap them down for them to even sit still. My son who is 12 does not pick a reading book until he is grounded for not turning in his reading assignment. I like the young innocent age better.
@skydancer (1983)
Interesting question. I have never been the type of person to read the same book twice, and I don't think I have ever done so in my entire life except for maybe a time or two when I read something for school and later read it again on my own just so I could enjoy it more. Other than that, a book typically stays with me enough (for better or for worse!) that I don't really feel the impulse to read it again for a long time and would naturally move onto something else. It is usually another book of the same subject, though, like dance or German New Orleans history, so I don't stray away from the impact of the last book I read completely. Sometimes I get almost completely through a book and then something comes up in my life and I don't finish, letting the book just sit there for months on end. In this case, when I pick it up again, I always start from the beginning just because I like to feel like I am tackling it all at once, if you know what I mean... and also just because this way it feels like I am seeking fresh fire. Other than that, I don't recall a time when I have read the same book twice, and I honestly can't name one that I have read over and over again. There are certain books that I reference to over and over again in my everyday life, however, like "It's Always Something" by Gilda Radner.
@freedomg (1684)
Very cool post. Thank you I guess the main reason I am able to read the same book more than once it that I have a bad memory, so I have been known to forget whole parts of the book. Then when I read it later it's like a new book to me for the most part.
@amrishkj (297)
My favorite book is The Alchemist written by Paul Coelho. It has inspired me to try and acheive my goals and I always sit back and think what should be done once I hit obstacles. A must read for people who have sent goals in their life.
@freedomg (1684)
It's funny you say that because I just bought that for my 15 year old son. I hope it helps him get focused.
@PRIYANK1992 (1678)
My favourite book is my Subject Book.I like my physics book most.It's a very nice book written by Shivlal.
@freedomg (1684)
Well that is one response I wasn't expecting. It sounds like you really found where you should be in life. Good for you.
@academic2 (7010)
• Uganda
My most favourite book of all times id the animal farm-everytime I read it a stupid power hungry so called African revolutionaries who take power purpportedly for the common good and then over time, get glued for ever to power until they old and senile like Mugabe-doing all the ills of the regimes they over threw! It makes me cry!
@freedomg (1684)
Wow I've never read that but I think I may have to now. Thanks
@soulist (2987)
Wow that is a hard decision I love to read and I love books. I guess I would have to say one of my all time favorites would have to be Jane Eyre. I first read it in high school and just simply fell in love with it.
@freedomg (1684)
Sweet pick! I like your taste.