Couple lose job and home over religious art!

We have men and women fighting in other countries for our freedom and our own country men and women are taking it away from us. http://lakecityreporter.com/articles/2008/06/21/news/doc485c776465b0c162137968.txt
@suspenseful (40316)
What is the matter with some people? I mean if it was a quote from the Koran or from what the Buddhists or Brahmans use or a saying of Confucius, from Taoism, etc. they would not mind, but from the Holy Bible? I mean does Hallmark Company hate Christians so much that they will not even allow the manager to have a saying on a stained glass glasswork? Do they have a sign on their apartment buildings, Christians not allowed to rent here? It is getting to be like that part in Revelations where no one could buy and sell unless they had the mark of the beast.
@santuccie (3374)
Exactly. Could this be the anti-Christ Revelations talks about? I'm not writing it off, that's for sure.
This is so true. If it had been from another religion it would be tolerated due to fear of discriminating against them.
I'm not so sure about that.
That is insane! First of all, would they have asked that the artwork be removed it it were a quote from another book? Probably not. Second, they DID remove the glass pane (as requested) and placed it in their private residence. Whether they pay the rent or not, it's none of their business. It wasn't illegal contraband, for pete's sake! I hope they win that suit. They certainly should not have lost their home over this!
We have troops fighting for our freedom, and our very own people are taking it away from us.
@KarenO52 (2951)
That's too bad they lost their job and their home over something like that. Is something from the scriptures so offensive today? At least they got unemployment benefits, but really they should get more, as their rights were violated. Our freedom is being eroded more everyday.
You are right. It is being taken from us by the moment. So many people cannot even see it.
@raclie (1732)
wow... that is so mean of the company!!! even when i am not releigious, i do not discriminate people who beleives in the releigion... so i guess the company is really neaive!!!
It is a sign of the times. We are losing our freedom of speech.
That is absolutely unbelieeable!!! I can't eliee somehing like this... it's not like it was a ccrucifix, or an entire written psalm, it didn't een mention a religious name. This whole politically correct world is goig to h3ll in a handbasket!
I wonder if we will have some kind of war over loss of freedon in our very own country.