If you love me, you'll share it with me...

@chrysz (1603)
I was reading responses on whether you are using one password in all sites you joined when I remembered one story where a KGB-spy married an FBI-agent just to penetrate the system. She tried hacking the computer but to no avail. The password used was so difficult to guess and the wife (KGB spy) even used their son as hostage in exchange of the password and the files being kept. I have also gotten to a point where I would ask my ex all his passwords so I'd know if he is exchanging emails with other girls. My hubby shares his password with me and so I am with mine but I don't check his emails and files anyway. For me, it is just a sign that he trust me enough and of course, a sign that he is not cheating on me. Though in my part, he has the pictographic mind so he must know all my password so that I'll have somebody to ask when I forget it. Do you share your password with your partner? Have you have an argument just because s/he won't share it with you?
Ew. No. I'm sorry, it's wonderful that you trust someone enough to hand your passwords over to them, but that just reeks of potential drama further down the road. I am a very big advocate of privacy. Honestly, I don't see what I would gain by sharing passwords/asking for passwords from an S.O., other than paranoia. Again, I'm glad you have so much trust in your husband, but that's just not for me.
@chrysz (1603)
Trust is something that is gained so I guess my hubby just deserve it and maybe I do too. Also, it keeps me secure that he's not cheating on me :-)
@Wizzywig (7859)
i dont share my password unless its a joint thing and its not something we even discuss. However, he couldn't understand why I wouldn't tell him who I'd voted for in a local election. Private ballot means private ballot in my book! ;-)
@chrysz (1603)
Some people don't understand that there are things we must keep secret from them if it would only cause rift between. Perhaps, he just wanna know who you voted and maybe compare with who he voted. Anyways, its always our own choices whether to divulge "confidential infos" to other people or not, even if that other people happens to be the man we sleep with each night.
@subha12 (18453)
I do not have any partner. in case I have one also, i do not like to share the passwords. I think in every body's life, there should be some privacy. if its lost, then its not good at all.