I married an idiot!!!

@TessWhite (3147)
Ok, so I didn't actually marry the man, but as of tomorrow we've been together 8 years. Why, I don't know. Don't get me wrong he is a very sweet guy at times, and he does mean well. But people who say blondes are dumb (no offense, I'm one myself) have never met this man. He does the stupidest things. The latest of which today was he couldn't pass a truck parked close to our driveway - but he did it anyway - and succeeded in breaking off the mirror on his car. I asked him if he'd damaged the truck he hit. The thought hadn't even occurred to him. He has already managed previously to have two accidents with the car, plus broke out a back window doing something stupid I warned him not to try. Then I open the phone bill and find that yet again he has "clicked" on some add online and has once again had this stupid service charged to MY phone bill. I spent the next two hours trying to resolve this issue. And all of this after spending both Monday AND Tuesday at the bank straightening out his bank account! Why do I put up with it all? Well there are alot of reasons. One is I feel sorry for him. I convinced him to move with me, and now he is three states away from his family. He has health issues, like I do, and he really doesn't make enough money to make it on his own. Plus, with the lack of common sense he seems to have I don't think he would last a week out there on his own. Soooo I put up with it all. But I swear, its getting so darn old. I'm tired of cleaning up issues for him. And just plain tired of cleaning up after him. I even put the hamper by HIS side of the bed. What does he do? He drops the clothes on the floor in front of the hamper. Anyone else out there have one of these? If so how do you cope without smothering him with his own pillow while he sleeps? (kidding of course)
@guybrush (4660)
Hahahahaaha ... I think we ALL married idiots, Tess! (In fact, mine would probably say he'd have to be an idiot to have married ME!) Gotta love 'em, though ...
@TessWhite (3147)
LOL If my idiot wasn't so darn sweet and cute as well I might say adios. But I do love the nut. :P
@guybrush (4660)
Yep - it's like being cross with a naughty puppy ... you have to forgive them in the end!
Diddo! I mean sometimes. My guy is a big teddy bear with the best intentions; works his brains out and just wants to get sleep. He doesn't ask to watch TV but he does like using my computer. And I give him a hard time about that cause he stays online too long when he should be sleeping, especially during the days he has late shift. He is a great cook and can clean better than me, but won't do either. I guess he's too tired. I really shouldn't complain. I'm no picnic to live with either. I love the guy. And he loves me. And we have a great little kid together. And some amazing cats that we adopted. We are making things work. But it's a daily effort. I wouldn't trade my make-shift life for all the fairy tale endings in the world!
@TessWhite (3147)
Boy, you and I have alot in common. Monopolizes the computer does he? Stays up to late on it does he? I swear, its like you are living my life. Kidding. My guy is a computer gamer and a chatter too. I'm constantly having to hound him to get off and go to bed! Eventually if he doesn't listen I steal his mouse from him. LOL
See Tesswhite, he is ur husband. respect him. in a family husband should respect wife, and wife should respect husband. SERIOUSLY i am telling, if u be like that, then it will be good family. if any one didnt respect, other give respect. at one time he will realize his mistake and he will come back. what ever he do stupid things, just tolerate that. advice him. not make him to come with ur line. just correct his mistakes. if u do like this, surely he will return back. this what i can say to u.
@TessWhite (3147)
Never mind, you just don't get it. I'm sure there are plenty of women out there who will. And no, he isn't my husband. And no, he hasn't "left me" (I couldn't get that lucky) so I don't need him to "return back." Truthfully, at this point, if he did leave I'd change the locks. LOL
@siddiqali (632)
Dont say like that although he is your husband.
@TessWhite (3147)
Actually, if you had read my post you would see that he isn't my husband. And regardless of whether or not he is or isn't, the man is still an idiot. LOL
@momalisa65 (1984)
Ahh! Don't marry him! Lol. Sounds like how I was with my son's father. (Oh sheesh, I helped him sign up for mylot too! But here I go anyway...) He wrecked my cars, ate my food, used my shower, my computer, my tv, let me pay all the bills, everything just like he was my kid. I never heard the words 'Enabler' or 'Codependent' until recently. I wish someone would have gave me the definition of them years ago, along with the book "Codependent No More"! Maybe you're not in that bad of a situation. But if you are, and you feel like you want out of it and need help, get that book and read it.