What do you hate most to find in your food??

Indonesia
I just had a lamb soup, I bought it from the street vendor near my house. It was a great tasted food, and I love it. Ate it with rice and an iced tea. But there was something I hate to find in the soup,....two strand of small hairs!! It's kind of like your eye lashes hair. Euh, I really can't stand finding hairs in my food, thank God it was only small hair, I can't eat one with head hairs in it. One thing I hate more to find in my food are ants! Yup, ants. I often find it in my drinks, euh, I can't drink them afterward, I have to change the drinks. So, what do you hate to find in your food???
@chrislotz (8203)
If I find a hair in my food I can not eat it, even when I know it is my own. There is just soemthing about hair in my food that I find discusting. I have returned food at a restaurant because of hair in it. I watched one lady take my plate of breakfast, eggs that had a hair in them, to the kitchen and take the hair off of my egg and wait a minute and brought the same plate back to me with the same eggs on it. I confronted her and she just got mad at me and took it back and wouldn't serve me another plate. I left without paying for my coffee even though she brought me a bill for it. I refused to pay for it. She was the owner of the restaurant so I didn't have a boss I could complain to. I just walked out and have never been back there and I make sure to tell my family and friends about it so that they don't go there either.
Wow, didn't she know that you could see her doing that? Haha, I guess maybe most of those restaurants do that, or don't, I couldn't tell.
@chrislotz (8203)
No she didn't know that I could see her. The kitchen was on an angle that I could watch her and see everything she was doing. She just put my plate on a counter and i watched her do it. It was disgusting as far as I was concerned.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
It feels intolerable. I hate hairs more than ants. I cannot eat the rest of the food if I come across hair. Home cooked food are safe that way but in restaurants, even the 5 star hotels you never know what's happening behind, in the kitchen. Even if you do not come across anything that you suppose not to but I tell you lot, yes lot of things are happening there. lol..
Oh, you're scaring me! Have you seen anything behind that kitchen door in restaurants?? Wait!! Don't tell me, I wouldn't be able to eat in a restaurant again!
@mimpi1911 (25454)
ok i wont tell you...lol...
@guybrush (4661)
Oh, hairs are horrible to find in food! But, I think it would be worse to find a toenail! I hate finding meat gristle in food - I once had a meat pie, and there was a horrible little white tube thingie in there ... some sort of artery! EERRRK! It made me feel really sick, and I couldn't finish the pie! I'd rather make my own pies so I know the meat has been trimmed and has all the fat off - and no nasty surprises!
An artery?? LOL! That would be nasty to find in your food. Yeah you're right, cooking our own meal would be safest so we know what's in there and how it's made.
@salonga (28016)
Ants!!! I hate ants!!! They are invading every corner of my kitchen and I simply hate seeing them in my food. They are such a dirty tiny creature capable of invading even the closed bottles. Oh I really hate them and wish to get rid of them as soon as possible!
We're the same! I too hate ants! They're just everywhere huh?? Can't stand them. Once I ate in this restaurant, well, not a restaurant, a tiny food stall when I was vacationing and I ordered a cheese omelet for breakfast, and when it came I was so excited, the omelet looked so yummie! And I always check my food for ants and any other thing before I ate them so I turn the omelet upside down and guess what I found???? Bunch of ants under the omelet!!!!! Euwwww!!! I can't eat omelet for a month after that.
@golfproo (1841)
Hi, I do not really like to find anything in my food that is not supposed to be there. Hair is one thing for sure that would not be too nice to find. That would make me feel a little sick. Not sure why, but it just seems a little disgusting. A fingernail would be the worst for me! cheers,
Euw, finger nails? Have you ever found finger nails in your food? That would be too disgusting!
@yaksters (79)
I once got a salad that had a snake in it. It was a small grey snake with a red and white ring around it's neck. It was tiny and quite alive. I made sure the snake was released unharmed and got a fresh salad.
A snake????????
I was living in CA at the time. The place where I got the salad, had a large garden where they would pick fresh everything that went into your salad. Apparently the snake found the head of lettuce a cool place to spend the hot day. I was happy that I didn't stick it with my fork...
Okay, the image of your fork on the snake...I think I'll stay off salad for a while now..
hey there, Actually i've encountered a lot of weird stuff in food in restaurants. I found tiny rocks in my food. Those were really nasty as I bit them coz it produces a weird grinding sound. Hair is the most common thing that I found and it was disgusting. Usually if I find those that would be the last time I am going to the restaurant ever again.
Oh, yeah, that rocks! I too often find those in my food, they are really really annoying you know, they don't have a taste or anything but it leaves a very not nice feelings on my teeth.
Yeah i hate rocks in my food. But I heard some tibes actually eat them for health reason so i guess rocks are food to some people.:D
Rocks for health? Well I wonder, maybe because they don't have calories or fat in them?
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi dissy, I hate to find any undesirable stuff in my food. Of course I hate the most is to find hair in my food. The disgusting hair makes the food awful and spoils my appetite completely. I don’t understand why I couldn’t keep on eating the same plate or bowl of food even though the hair is already removed. If I do so definitely I will throw up then. Most of the time if I were to find any hair in my food I usually will replace it with a brand new one.
Hi lk, yup, I too don't like hair in my food, but it's better than bugs though, don't you think? Well, both of them are disgusting, and a lot others of what people are mentioning in this discussion, hehe, some of them are really gross, a rat, snake, finger nails,,ewww??
@lkbooi (16101)
Hahaha ... I couldn’t help laughing hahaha ... when you saying that people mentioned in this discussion of seeing rat and snake in the food. I just wonder how come these big disgusting things could disappear in the food served. They are really gross indeed.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Luckily for me, I have only ever found hairs in my food, and that is bad enough. In fact when I find hairs in any food then I can just not eat the meal it puts me off completely. I am not too bad if it is my own hair, as I know that it is mine, but when it is someone elses it is horrible!
Hehe, what about it's your hair but you see them on your guest's food?
@gemini_rose (16193)
So far, no one has ever found my hair in their food, but with having long hair I always tie it up tight when in the kitchen.
@raclie (1732)
i think i am like you... hair of any kind and insects... lol... hope i will not have any today for luch... oh!!! and blood!!! ewwww.... except raw beef steak... lol..
Ew, Blood! I sometimes get my chickens not done and you can see that there are still blood in them, it's disgusting, I surely can't eat them after seeing those.
@raclie (1732)
lol... agreed!!! i will send them back!!!
@twallace (2675)
That is something that I would not like to find in my food. But there has been a time when I have found hair in my food. It turned me off, but what happens when your cooking your own dish and you find hair in what you have cooked? Do you still feel the same way when you know it's your hair that you have found in your food? Just had to ask, cause when it's my own I'm not so pissed. But when it was fixed by someone else i feel a little weird.
Um, If I know for absolutely sure that that is my hair I find, then I would feel less disgusted, hehe, not fair right?
@twallace (2675)
That's right, have a good one.!
I hate weevils. You know the bugs that get into flour and pasta. I don't use these too much so I have to store them in my fridge. I also hate to find bugs in my drinks. Sitting outside, it is a hazard. And we won't get started on hair!
Hehe, I don't know what weevils is, but I'm sure I don't want them in my food or drinks. No hair for you then!
@pionk2 (47)
i think ants..i really hate it..
Yup, ants are very annoying.. Happy mylotting and have a nice day!
@shorty08322 (1270)
i hate to fine hair in my food
Me too! Happy mylotting and have a nice day!
@edigital (2711)
I hate small insect fly and if cockroaches walk through my food.
Yep, if they walk or swim or just land on our food, it would ruin the meal definitely!
@dizzblnd (3073)
Someone elses hair besides mine or someone in my immediate family. Nothing worse biting into something only e realize there is a hair mixed in with your food.. that makes me lose my appitite
Hehe, hairs from immediate family would still bothers me though.
First..I HATE to find a hair in my food..or a bone in any fish I eat! (If I find a bone in my fish..I an DONE!) But I think the thing I hate most is to find SHRIMP n my Won-Ton soup!! YUCK!!
I love shrimp! Hehe
I don't like finding anything in my food that shouldn't be there, lol. For example, onions. They are too weird for me and I don't like it when my family hides them in my food. To me, that's like putting hair all over my plate. Ants are also an issue. Well bugs in general shouldn't be anywhere near your food. And what else is gross is finding a bug floating in your cup.
putting hair all over my plate Ew, that's gross!
@lynn2457 (500)
Flies. I do not like to drink, drinks with ice, so I never do, but, when I was younger, I had a soda and I left it on the table, and I was working, when I got back to the drink, I took a drink, nothing unusual, however, I had something in my mouth, thinking I put ice in it by mistake, I took a bit, and the next thing, I started spitting it out, first and last time, and let me tell you, flies do not taste good.lol. It was horrible, took me a long to get that taste out of my mouth, well now I look at the glass, before I drink, hard lesson, but it works now.
Ewww,,,I bet that didn't taste good at all!! Flies? Ugh
@suspenseful (40316)
Oh let me see. There are hairs, bugs, pieces of body parts, fingernails, blood, but the worse is pieces of bone. I mean you go and buy a hamburger and you bite into it and almost break your tooth. It has to do with cleanliness and how careful they choose the staff and if when they are cooking the food, they keep the kids and the animals out of the kitchen.
Bones! Yeah, that wouldn't be good. But in some food, I'd love to find bones. Like in this local food we have, I like the thing inside the bones of a lamb in the soup. Or the chicken bones in the "Tender bones fried chicken" which you can really eat the bones of the chicken because they made them so tender and it is good!