The good and the bad about July 4th, do you have a little or both or just one?

@writersedge (22579)
The good thing about July 4th for me is that I will have two days off with my hubbie! Yeah! We both have the 4th and 5th off. Since he works Mon-Thurs 10 hour days and I work Tues-Sun three part-time jobs (2 hours, 24 hours, and 12 hours), any days we have together are very precious. The bad thing is that I'm an hourly employee so I don't get paid for days off. So I loose $39 on Friday and $77 the next day. That's money I need for bills. So do you (or later on, did you) have something good for July 4th? Something bad? A little of both? I hope you have (had) a wonderful July 4th!
@carolbee (16243)
I had a really fun day yesterday, the 4th. My husband and I were together from early in the morning until later at night and we didn't kill each other..lol We went to our step granddaughter's softball game in the morning and then to the casino for lunch and to play for awhile. Next we stopped by the house to let the dog out and then went to our daughter's house for a bar-b-que. We were both so tired that we didn't make it to any firework displays. I understand because I am hourly part time also. I am not paid when I am off work.
@writersedge (22579)
Yesterday, we just slept in and then went out to eat and did some shopping, mostly to buy a camera for today. Today, we went to the 1812 Homestead and watched basketweaving. We went to another restaurant, the chef salad my husband got was full of meat, it was amazing. I got a shish Kabob. We joined the 1812 Homestead, the picnic is coming up next month. I hope to be able to go and pay my bills both. My husband took lots of pictures. They have all kinds of buildings there, an old school house, old blacksmith forge, and they are redoing the house for butter churning that has a river running underneath it. They rebuilt the barn last year. There are so many interesting things they have done and can do there. But gas is killing volunteering, so what they will be able to offer may or may not be in line with past years.
@carolbee (16243)
How neat. I would love to see basketweaving.
@ElicBxn (60423)
Social Security doesn't recognize holidays so I have to work.
@writersedge (22579)
Bummer! You would think they would. Thanks for responding and take care.