How are you going to survive the Dog Days of Summer this year?

Dog Days (July 3-Aug 11): Hottest days of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. Named after Sirius, the Dog Star. (I always wondered how this expression came about). I was always curious how this expression came about. Now I know. Thanks to Chase's Calendar. Today it is suppose to be a hot one, but it is really nice out right now. We are going to two different events at the library, so we will be staying cool. First is buggy bingo and then the Science Center is coming. Mom will be reading or surfing the internet while the kiddies are having fun. It won't be a pool day because we have gymanstics tonight. Hubby is out trying to catch some Chesapeake Blue crabs so hopefully we will have these later!!!
@SusanLee (1920)
I'll survive like I do every year here in Georgia. Stay in the house with the AC running and have a fan blowing on me.
I lived in Georgia from 1974 - 1975 and man was it hot. Our house had central AC, the first for us. When it went up we thought we could survive without it wrong!!!! I lived in Brunswick, where are you? DH and I are trying to move to SC, really bad! We just love the south!!!
@SusanLee (1920)
Hi there, I moved to Brunswick in February of 74, then to Waynesville in 78, stayed there 18 years and now I live about 20 miles west of Waycross. I really think it's hotter and muggier the farther inland we get. Guess we don't get any coastal breezes or something. Nice to meet a former Brunswicker (is that a word?lol)