Islamic Threats Against Geert Wilders' Life

@gewcew23 (8011)
Geert Wilders life is in jeopardy for writing about the repressive ideology of Islam, for arguing against the inequities of Sharia (Islamic law), for making a video ("Fitna") to warn about Islamic jihad. Wilders lives the Netherlands,a non-Islamic country under a specifically Islamic death threat. A Muslim assassin plunged a knife into Theo van Gogh's corpse, and attached an Islamic manifesto threatening both Wilders and his then parliamentary colleague, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, with death. The Country of Jordan announced it is bringing a criminal case against the Dutch parliamentarian. Jordan will indict a Dutch politician according to Jordanian (read Islam-inspired) law. This story goes back to what I wrote last week, you can say everything negative against Christianity, but do not dare utter one word negative against Islam.
@baileycows (3669)
And this is very true. But we all should know that it was going to come down to this. Christians will be killed shortly because they will not convert. The muslims have already stated they are going to take over the world and we are letting them do it a piece a time. I don't know Wilders but I give him a thumbs up.
When I married a Muslim man I became more aware of what it means not be able to have freedom of speech. Even though we still have freedom of speech in America, we are losing it. It is the American authorities who are afraid of offending religions other then Christianity. There are still groups within the USA that Americans do not have to deal with unless they are married to a Muslim from another country that make life hard for Muslims. Once a Muslim from another country is a citizen, he has more freedom to express his opinion regarding religion and feelings about other things than he ever did in his own country and more than the most Christians do. I do not feel free to say which groups they are. That is how limited I feel as an American.
@BarBaraPrz (19366)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
"...you can say everything negative against Christianity, but do not dare utter one word negative against Islam. " Even so-called Christians get in the act when they remove Christian references from public spaces, such as renaming Christmas trees "holiday" trees. Anyone who tries to promote (their version) of Christianity is immediately branded an evangelical zealot... which they may be, but other than a few misguided anti-abortionists who don't see the irony of killing abortionists, Christians are generally a rather mild lot. Will the meek really inherit the earth? Or will it be lost to the anti-christ, whoever that is?
@clrumfelt (5421)
Jesus said that the world hates him and it will also hate the Christians who follow him. I think we can all agree that the murderous "religion" of Islam is not a God fearing bunch and they hate Jesus Christ and his followers.