Anybody's spouse an Electrical Lineman?

@sunnflr (2767)
My husband has been doing electrical linework for a few years now. He started as a groundman and is now going to school as an apprentice lineman. This job scares me to death! I've had to temper my fears and not talk too much about it so that I don't get him nervous. Also, he got to thinking that I didn't have confidence in his abilities because I worried so much. It wasn't that at all, it's just that it IS a dangerous job! He left this morning for Michigan for storm duty. They had some pretty bad storms there last night. I read an article that said 165,000 people were out of power. They hope this will only be a weekend trip. We never really know how long they will last though. Electrical linework doesn't pay bad, but I'm not so sure it's worth all the headaches..lol. So, anybody else here have a spouse that's in linework? Or any family member?
@rsa101 (16723)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Instead of thinking that you have a husband that does a dangerous job. Why not think that instead of dangerous try thinking he's doing a noble job. Helping thousands of people have their electricity as well as businesses. Avoid thinking about him getting all those negative thoughts and I am pretty sure he will be great doing his job.
@sunnflr (2767)
He is great at his job. I never thought he wasn't. I just worry about the dangers involved. I'm a worry wort about EVERYTHING though! I do know that what he is doing helps many people. Without people who were capable of doing linework we'd all be in a mess when the power went out.
@rsa101 (16723)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Start from there and avoid the thought of danger, that is already given in the situation and you cannot control that. worrying won't help you be calmed. You may be more lucky than maybe those that have their husband as soldiers sent to Iraq or Afghanistan, you have no way of contacting them and you don't know if they are in good condition or not. your husband goes back to you every now and then when their job is over. So stop the worry because it would not help him either way. Love and serve him the best you could so he would be inspired to work harder for you and your family.
@sunnflr (2767)
I have got better lately. I'm trying to work on worrying about everything, not just his job. It's not easy for me though. If you know anyone who's a worry wort they will tell you it's a hard habit to break. My hubby was in the Army for the first 3 years of our marriage. Luckily he was in between wars, but it came close. I can't imagine what the soldiers or loved ones go through!