i avoid walmart

i dislike the store and i hate how they treat their employees and their work ethics.. so i try to never go there and i went from shopping there like 3 times a week to maybe 3 times a year.. thank god i moved to a place that has a good choice of other stores so it wasnt that big of a deal.. if anything all the other stores are closer!! i still find their neighborhood markets hard to pass by but thankfully kroger is everywhere so i can shop there.. kroger is more expensive but i havent heard anything bad like walmart and they do have good sells.. so anyone else avoid walmart like the plague? do you avoid any company or store due to their company policies?
I don't shop there either. But my spouse does. He goes there and buys groceries.
yeah my hubby doesnt think twice about going there
@Rosekitty (19455)
• San Marcos, Texas
Moonlit...I have done my part of protesting this place for 3 yrs now and refuse to give them anymore of my money..and after i read every year of problems they have with items they sell and where they get them from i'm even more glad that i did this.
yeah no kidding.. its almost a waste for them to sell toys since it seemed like they were always recalling them lol
@Rosekitty (19455)
• San Marcos, Texas
Well maybe if they bought from America i would but nothing is from here anymore so they don't get my money..they are rich enough to lose me but wish more people would protest them to hurt them where it hurts!
yeah hopefully..
@greysfreak (1385)
I end up having to go there all the time because my mom says it's too expensive to shop at the other grocery stores. As it is, we have to go like 20 minutes or so just to get to the Wal-Mart! LOL Usually I hate going there because it's so big and there are too many people. I haven't read a whole lot about what they do to their employees, if I did I might hate going there even more, and since I have no choice, well.. I'd rather just not know.
yeah if you have no options then that is different.. im glad i have other options.. the only thing i like about them is that you can get a lot of different things at one spot but i cant walk very far so by the time im at the front door my knee is killing me from where i parked and then i have to walk all through out the store lol.. and its so loud in there.. and too freaking bright lol
Yea.. that is one good thing about walmart. Because you can get pretty much anything you want. aww.. I know what you mean, it's such a huge store, and if you have to park a long way it can really be bad. My mom has a handicap sign thing, because she has trouble walking, so we always have to park up close, and she rides an electric cart around the store. Although I don't like following her around because she drives it faster than I walk. LOL But yea, on bad days, like if I'm really dizzy or sick, walking around there is so tiring. And I agree, it is way too loud and light in that place. I am kinda sensitive to light at times, so it bugs me. When I do have to go I try to have my cell phone with me so I can go off by myself and look around.
@dopey22girl (3327)
The only store I avoid is one that I used to work at because the employees are extremely rude and just...well you know-whats. I still shop at Walmart, but I have heard bad things about them. If they didn't have such a good selection I wouldn't go there but...oh well.
yeah their employees are definitely not the nicest around
@Tianna2 (1274)
I avoid Walmart as much as I can but I still end up there once in a while. I not only dont like the way they treat there employees, but they dont seem to care for there customers very much either. You walk into a overcrowded store, they never have everything your looking for and then you have to wait in long lines to pay for it. Who wants to go through all of that? I wont talk about how all of there stuff is just cheap import crap to begin with. Cheers, Tianna
yep and it makes me mad that it started out saying it would only sell products in america then now nothing they sell is from america.. i dont mind if you sell other things than american but i just dont like that they totally changed and a lot of people dont realize it.. just the point in how they are skitzo on their values..
@shooie (4989)
My husband worked at wal-mart and actually liked the store he started in. They treat their people fair the hard workers advanced and the slackers well they got what they deserved persay. We moved to the South and the store he was at there well lets just say he wasn't happy and looked for another job. But I'm here to say not every wal-mart is the same. But there is a walmart 10 miles the other way from where he worked it is better but that is not where my husband went either he went into a different field.
i must have all the walmarts from hell around me lol
@shooie (4989)
lol hmmm all the walmarts from hell. any hot deals?
@bowtieguy (5930)
I guess it is bad they way they treat there customers, If they minded it as much as you seem to then they would just quit and work elsewhere. I know this is one of the reasons that they are able to sell things at such a cheap price, which dosen't bother me one bit.
some towns they have ran the other businesses out or there arent that many opportunities to get other jobs or else i think more people would have left already but i know in the last place i lived within like 20 miles there was like 5-6 superwalmarts and very limited in other jobs because its a military town and the few factories they have dont employee much but there just arent many choices.. at least where im at now there are a lot of places and less walmarts
When Wal Mart came to our town they ran two other good businesses out! We are a small town and the only other choice we have is Dollar General. I don't like shopping at Wal Mart, but sometimes you don't have a choice. My son lives in a larger city and he avoids Wal Mart like the plague. I know several people who work there and they are not treated very well. I for one wish we had something other choice like Target or Kohls, but I'm just dreaming. I have to drive an hour to get to one of those stores. I guess we have to put up with what we have even though we don't like it.
@twallace (2675)
There was someone that had a discussion on Wal-Mart and it bothered me a little. For such a big store change for them to have such bad ethics towards their employees really bugs me. Without them how would they expect to run the store. I don't avoid them and have shopped there cause of the sales that they have sometimes. But if I'm not there Target it the next choice to shop. They have really taken over most of the major shopping needs of consumers to the point that most people shop there. First time hearing that someone avoid them. YOu go girl.
i love target but i never think to go there since its not close
@twallace (2675)
Now from time to time they have good deals too. Just like Wal-Mart does. Sometimes better deals, Have a good one and happy shopping.
@anniepa (27219)
I hadn't been a big fan of WalMart for quite awhile but after that fiasco where they sued a former employee to get the money back that she'd been awarded in a lawsuit over a horrible accident, that finished me with them! They finally backed down from their suit after a huge public outcry but the fact that they'd done what they did to begin with was enough for me. I may go there now and then in a pinch since, other than a K-Mart that's two blocks from me, we don't have many choices close to where I live and with the price of gas it's not practical to travel an extra 30 miles to the nearest Target. Annie
that is where they get us!! not having any choices
Wal Mart does not treat their employees badly. If someone doesn't do their job, then they will have problems. I have been with the company for 3 years and have had no problems. I give 110% at my job and love it.
i know several people from different walmarts and only one likes it there.. they are all hard workers too so either i have bad odds in knowing people that are treated badly in 5 walmarts
@katsmeow1213 (29016)
I would love to avoid Walmart, unfortunatly I can't afford to. I have tried shopping at other grocery stores but end up spending far too much money. I do hate Walmart with a passion, because I am always treated so poorly by the employees, and I end up complaining at almost every visit.
its insane how rude their employees can be
@elmiko (6640)
I save too much not to go to Walmart plus their open 24 hours. I did hear they treat their employees bad though. I heard about the Walmart in my area where 20 employess walked out on the job all at once. This happened about 2 or 3 years ago. I still don't know the reason why 20 of them walked out though.
maybe its hush hush on why they left because of some kind of lawsuit or something
i also avoid Walmart as i dislike the things that they do to their employees, prices or not, I can get good prices in] other stores that treat their employees so much better like safeway and ralphs to name a couple. I do not need to use Walmart at allas they are way out of the way for me anyhow. and I would not patronize them if they were across the street.
heck in the town i just moved from there were like 5 superwalmarts within 20 mins of eachother