This is an unusual 4th of July!

@estherlou (5017)
Fires in California preventing fireworks display, flooding on the beaches of Chicago lakes, all over the country, others will be cleaning up after flooding, fires, and other natural disasters. I guess what is more important than the hot dogs and the day off, is to remember to be thankful! Thank you Lord for this day!
@slickcut (8141)
Around our house nothing is going on today..It seems just like another typical Saturday....We did not make any plans ...so today will just be a nice day of relaxation....
@deebomb (15322)
Yes. Thank you Lord that things aren't any worse than they are and be with those people suffering because of these disasters. We tend to forget just how Good we have it that are not dealing with these situations
@faith210 (11233)
Hi estherlou! Being thankful is the most important thing. There are still so much to be thankful for even during crisis though it may be hard to think about it sometimes. Happy Independence day to you and your countrymen. Take care and God bless!
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Amen to that estherlou! What's most important is that we ARE a free country and we're alive to enjoy it! However, I am praying for those in California and Chicago and where ever else that there's a disaster in hopes things get better for them really soon.
@jillmalitz (5132)
I am watching a program on the History Channel now about the American Revolution. God Bless the founders of our country.
Thank you for our four fathers how fought for our county so we can have an independence day.
@zeloguy (4913)
And for the first time that I can remember it was in the low 90s dropped into the high 80s when the sun went down and it didn't rain here. As the world turns. Zelo
@Lakota12 (42681)
well we got our fire works had a short delay said the wind was actin up never even noticed any wind? BUt was great display and most in my back yard we could see them and Chey stayed out till 11 watching them with her Uncle! My feet got to hurting so I came back in the houise but saw alont in an hours and we lite sparklers yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My husband, an American who reads about our different newspapers a day on line, has been telling me about the weird weather for the fourth of July, in the USA. It'll be a strange year without firewords. We had firworks up here in Canada, for Canada Day (July 1st).