Should you vote REPUBLICAN or DEMOCRAT next election?

Here's some food for thought. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?print=yes&id=27329 My opinion of this article is that the author gives the Republicans too much credit and blames the Democrats too much. I blame them both and would rather not vote for either. Republicans and Democrats are equally to blame, IMHO, for the high price of oil. Do you blame either the Republicans or Democrats more than the other for the high price of oil? What do you say?
@clrumfelt (5428)
If you want to place blame on the government, I'd say they are equally to blame becasue the Republican and Democratic leaders of the past have failed to forsee the potential problem and keep it from happening.
Which means they are really really stupid. How and why do we keep electing such dolts?
@clrumfelt (5428)
You'd think there would be a bigger movement to choose one of the alternate candidates that run every election, but a lot of people are uncomfortable with that kind of change. Future generations may turn to one of the other parties for answers.
I hope you are right about future generations choosing another party besides the democrats or the republicans. Certainly both those groups have failed.
@speakeasy (4215)
Personally, I plan to vote for the better candidate regardless of their party affiliation. I am registered as a Republican; but, I have voted for both Republican and Democrat candidates in the past. I do not blame either party for the high gas prices. Both political parties AND several foreign governments AND the oil companies AND large commodity investors are ALL responsible for the high cost of gas and oil today. The "price at the pumps" is not the only problem we have facing the US at this time. I will vote for the candidate I feel is best able to deal with ALL of our problems.
If only everyone would do the same. Thank you.
@speakeasy (4215)
I know - it is absolutely amazing how many people vote based solely on prejudice - Republican or Democrat, Black or White, Conservative or Liberal, Male or Female, Young or Old, etc., etc., etc. The whole idea behind voting is to allow the people in the country to have a chance to select the BEST person for the position; and, that is determined by what chalenges the country is facing AND the candidate's qualifications.
It should be so, but it is not. Until at least one of the candidates points out the falling US DOLLAR has a lot to do with the high price of oil and proposes balancing the federal budget as a beginning step in addition to drilling for oil in the USA as a solution to high energy costs, I find it hard to take any of them serious. These 2 things, balancing the USA annual budget and drilling for oil are without question essential to solving the problem. Yet our major candidates do not have the courage to broach either subject.
i think republicans are to blame, they're too greedy.
Many people think that. I'll put you down as a Democrat.
@Pitgull (1523)
I believe our two party system is our issue. Our Government is composed of two groups that are at war with each other. And we wonder why we have so many problems passing legislation that helps the people? We should do away with the parties....aligning with one or another limits our opportunity and success..... While Republicans are still fighting Democrats, and vise versa, we will never have any true resolution.
No less than George Washington warned about political parties. So, you are in good company with your concerns. As I think about it, your idea seems to make sense. Why do we need political parties, really?