as a female

In my class on equality there comes up this question all the time. As a female what are some of the things that people just assume about you. I am wondering what some femals think these are?
One thing that comes to mind is that guys (especially mechanics) don't think that I know anything about cars. Now, maybe I'm not an expert, but I was raised by a mother who knows everything there is to know about them, so I picked up some of that purely by osmosis. It's fun having a mechanic tell me that the oogly-boogly switch is broken and needs to be replaced, and then watching his face as I tell him he's full of crap. More often I find expectations and stereotypes come into play because of my hair. I happen to be a blonde, and while occasionally I do some stupid things, this does not necessarily make me a dumb blonde. In a way, it's amusing because people will start telling a dumb blonde joke in my presence, then actually tell me, "I forgot that you're blonde!" in a serious tone of voice.
I understand the deal about the cars, I always feel that when I walk into get my car fixed that people feel that they can take advantage of me becuase I am a girl and ownt know what I am talking about. That makes me ferious. The stereotypes make me even more mad becuase I get called a blonde, well some males are blones as well and they dont ever get calle dblones. What are some of the male stereotypes?
Maybe it's time we started calling boys dumb blondes and see how they like it... I know that sounds petty, but it is quite ridiculous. Unfortunately, I can't think of any really good/equivalent stereotypes right now..
No I think you are right. maybe it is time that people start calling them the stereotypes that they call us because I think that its not right anymore. Things have changed from how they used to be so its time that people change as well. How did the dumb blonde thing come around?
@mommyboo (13198)
People incorrectly assume all the time that females are less fit and less strong than males. A lot of us may generally be SMALLER but that is no reason to believe we couldn't kick some guy's a** if necessary.
That is one of the assumptions about femals that bothers me as well. Becuase I know many females who are a lot stronger then males.
@danix1982 (593)
some girls think number is one is make up kit because they dont want to look ugly to others thats why they always have make up kit. second is boys mostly cute boys and third is family to those family oriented girls and friends.
People always assume bad news is going to make a woman cry. That's not the case.
When doctors tell me I wouldn't understand, it really burns me up. If I ask about a condition, it's because I want to know, and I certainly can understand! They often tell me to let them do what they do, and they'll take care of it all. That's when I tell them I won't be back, and I change doctors!