When do you think the war will end?

@AnnaB7 (757)
Do you think the war with Iraq will continue on for several more years or do you think that maybe they will start sending some of the troops home I am ready for this war to be over, hopefully it will be soon.
@Zorrogirl (1481)
• South Africa
i think they will go home when they are sattisfied that the government can sustain itself and be a more stable country. but i doubt that that will happen soon. the muslims there are much too volatile. i also doubt if it could be about oil. there are abundant resources for oil in africa. if they really want it, its all over. do you have someone stationed over there?
@AnnaB7 (757)
One of my sons will be going over there soon, I wish he wasn't and I am scared he could get killed I hope he doesn't. It really bothers me sometimes a lot, I just really want him to be okay, I don't want anyone to loose a child ever. But sadly everyday someone looses a child, it is very hard to loose a child, I have lots several babies due to miscarriages, two or three very early, then two were in the second trimester, then we also lost an 18 year old son due to a hit and run driver, and that is just hard. I don't want to loose another child at all, I want all of my children to grow up get married have families of their own and live well into old age, if at all possible, and with out ever having a ny serious injuries or anything like that. It bothers me sometimes a lot knowing that it is very highly possible that I could loose another child and this one because of the war over there, and he should have his whole life in front of him, but instead there is a lot of uncertainty, because of the war. He is planning to go to either law school or medical school which will be good, but first he has to make it home alive and healthy. He had already started taking some online courses before he started into basic training. I just want him to be safe. He will be gone a long time when he leaves, it is very hard to think about really. I just have to pray and trust God to keep him safe and to bring him home safe and sound. and pray that the war will be over soon. Hopefully the country will be stable one of these days, it is sad that it is not, Because so many are being hurt by this. and I agree with you I don't think it is all just because of oil or oil companies. I think it is a lot of reasons. including what you mentioned.
@Zorrogirl (1481)
• South Africa
i am so sorry to hear of your terrible loss. it is the most difficult thing anybody can go through. why is your son going?
@AnnaB7 (757)
He will be going because he joined the military. He joined the military so he could go to school also because he is very patriot. He wants to be able to go into law I think so that he can help change bad laws, and enforce good laws. Joining the military will also help him to learn job skills, and to have medical insurance. and this is very helpful for him because we do not have insurance at all, it cost a lot to go to the doctor. This way he has insurance and housing and pay and job training and will be able to go to school full time. There are a lot of benifits to joining the military.
@ssh123 (31104)
It is America who financed earliler for both Bin Laden and Taliban. Now when things boomarang, they would like to finish both Bin Laden and Taliban. The real reason is to take away the oil or to have control over oil companies. That the US is doing through waging a war.
@AnnaB7 (757)
I did not know, I don't really understand the reason why we are at war anyway, I have heard so many things, maybe it will just be over soon
@ssh123 (31104)
As long as Iraq produces oil, Americans will be interested in Iraq. Once the oil wells are dry, there wont be any foreigner in Iraqi soil. More than any principles in waging a war against Iraq, it is the black gold that has attracted other nations to join in the war - beg, borrow or steal by force.
@AnnaB7 (757)
I was thinking the war was more about the people who blew up the trade centers in new york, it would be better if America would just dig up there own oil because there is oil here, but the enviromentalist don't want anyone to dig up any oil.