If you are lonely while alone you are in bad company?

I don't know the meaning of this. I got to talked with my ex-boss about my problems recently, this is still part of my discussion recently. I share him my problems and he thinks ending my life is a big mistake and serious matter so he keeps on asking question. After advices from him he said those lines, if you are lonely while alone you are in bad company. What is the meaning? any insights there.
@seabeauty (1480)
I think it means you have to be happy being by yourself before you could be with someone else.
@secretbear (19466)
hi grecy! it is simple. it means that if you are alone and you are lonely, then its bad being alone. it wouldn't do you any good if you continue being alone and lonely. and the solution is to mingle with friends, interact more with your family, make new friends, socialize with others. i guess this with be synonym to the saying that "no man is an island". man will need someone to ease the loneliness brought by being alone. you're lucky you have a kind boss who is concerned to you. it seems he gives advices. its better to listen to him.
@dropofrain (1168)
when you are alone, you have a company thats your brain. it thinks both positive and negative. it is your personality which decides which one will dominate. so leet the positive inflow in oyu and let the negatives go out of your life.
hi I think what he was trying to get at is you should like yourself, love yourself, know you are unique, one of' a kind, look God doesnt make junk, you are somebody, you are unique, say it scream it out loud,I like myself, I am unique, I am grecychunny, mean it believe, and you will be good company for yourself. we all do have to live with ourselves so we should learnto love ourselves as we love our familes. lol.
@raydene (9875)
Doll I think he may be asking to to look closer because you are not enjoying being with yourself. Maybe you are not seeing what a wonderful person you are that we all see. xoxoxoxoxoxo