What food have you wasted Mr Brown??

@Wizzywig (7859)
Gordon Brown says we should stop wasting food to ease the cost of living. I'm wondering if the stale bread gets toasted at No 10 ? do the slightly-past-it vegetables make soups and stews ? Are the chicken bones boiled up to get the last bits of meat off ? Do jars and bottles get stood on end to drain the last drop out ? Are the leftovers heated up for the next day? They are in my house. Would we find any food in Mr Brown's bins do you think??
Funnily enough i thought the best way to kerb the increasing cost of living, was to not have a total dipstick in charge of the country fumbling around with the NHS, crime and any other falsely-promised policies. At the very least it might have stopped us slipping into a recession.
@Wizzywig (7859)
...which is why HE's Prime Minister and you're not....... Seems to be a case of 'I'm alright - **** the rest of you'. Lets tax the gas- guzzling motorist off the road and save the environment by..... increasing the number of runways so more of those nice environmentally-friendly planes can fill the air.
@Darkwing (21588)
The same happens in my home too, my friend. Occasionally stale bread will also be used to make bread pudding, which I love. Everything else is the same though. As you say, I very much doubt Mr. Brown acts the same way, as I see they've awarded themselves another "moderate" pay rise this year, whilst we still get none, and yet our taxes are increased to accommodate the government. I don't think we have a choice my friend. We have to scrimp and save to meet the rising costs with our meagre household budgets. Brightest Blessings.
@Wizzywig (7859)
i daresay some tabloid journalist is rummaging through the PMs bins as we speak....
@Darkwing (21588)
Ha ha ha... yes, I wouldn't be at all surprised, especially if they're a Mylot Member and have read this discussion.
@Darkwing (21588)
Thank you for BR my friend. It's very much appreciated. Keep the discussions coming... I like your way of thinking!
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
Probably not! It's Don't do like I do,Do like I say!.....I caught part of a news item showing a HUGE pile of discarded foodstuffs dumped in one day that the reporter said were still edible..It's scary there are starving people in the world,and we're binning food cos we buy too much and it spoils..
@Wizzywig (7859)
yes, i saw that and figured that, if people could afford to throw lots of food away, they could be putting that money to better use. I heard someone say that it was up to them if they wanted to throw stuff away if they've paid for it. Maybe so, but its morally questionable I think.