ok lesson learned....

By Liz
you have to choose your Words carefully I've learned. put in a wrong word and people go crazy with it. my last discussion I started, I said allow your husband to do something and my response's came so fast and they all took this word and ran with it.I made a post that said I chose the wrrong word and to over look it but still that "allow" word has screwed. My serious question up. should I make a new post minus the" A" word? Do people even read all The posts before they reply? I'm no control freak I dont believe anyone owns anyone, being married is not jail, I love the friends my husband and I have, the question wasn't meant to freak people out..... Just looking for other opinions. :p
@Barb42 (4216)
I found your other post and read it. I knew what you meant when I first read it and it didn't bother me. You used the word that was in your mind at the time, and I may have done the same thing. Sorry others didn't realize what you meant. I wouldn't worry about making a new post over this subject. You are going to have the same people coming to post and they already know what you wrote in the first post. And their minds may not change any. If my husband worked 1 1/2 hrs from home and chose to jog after work before coming home, I would think he meant with the guys,not with 20 year old single girls. I personally would not like it at all. I don't think it's appropriate to put yourself in places where things could happen beyond your control. Your husband may never veer from the beaten path, but that doesn't mean one of these 20 year old girls won't try to get his attention. I just think it's wise to separate yourself from these kind of situations and the talk that may arise in the office from these actions. No, we don't own our spouses, but we should respect them and their feelings. I wonder how he would feel if you took up jogging with a bunch of 20 year old muscular guys?
@tinkerick (1256)
well said!
@munhozmib (3853)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hello, dasiejanie. Everybody has said something once that they regret. When we just speak our mind out, we use to say things that, after putting a little bit more of thought into it, we would like to withdraw. It's common. That's why I always try to think before saying something, and when I say something wrong I always go there and correct. I can say sorry, or I can go and comment saying that it was my mistake... I don't know, I always try to fix my mistakes. Just be a little bit more careful next time, but the most important thing in this all you have already got: the lesson learned! Respectfully, Munhozmib.
@lingli_78 (12844)
well, i think some people have bad experiences allowing their husbands to do what they like... so those people are really sensitive when they see your "a" word and make a rant with it... i don't think that there is anything wrong with the word at all... it is just how people look at it from different perspectives... i hope you can fix the misunderstanding soon... take care and have a nice day...
Dont worry about it DJ, i knew what you meant. Sad they didnt but happens. I dont think makin a new post would help, but it sure can be funny. If ure makin one, make sure u title it somethin sarcastic would be fun if anyone who posted about that particular word in that discussion reads the new one :P .. Take care :)
I would not repost it right away. However, I would consider posting another discussion in a few weeks after reading the responses and explaining how it went awry originally. Maybe that would help.
@gemini_rose (16193)
Unfortunately that one word is a strong word, it speaks volumes "allow" allow is when you give your blessing, when you let someone do something that they want to do. Kind of like I will allow my child to go to his friends after school. It may not be the way you meant it to come across but it is the way it does come across! I do understand how you feel believe me, I more than anyone would have a huge reason to feel uncomfortable with my hubby running with some 20 something girls, but I would just have to trust in him that it was just friends. Maybe you could arrange to have a social occasion so that you could meet his jogging friends, that way you could just check em out!
@baileycows (3669)
That is funny. Well look at it on the bright side the responses you get the better off your money rolls in. So I might try it again. LOL!
@cbreeze (1207)
I think people freak out because someone has tried to use "A" word on them. I would be one of those people. I think you should re-post and choose your words carefully if you really want other's opinions.
Lol! Sounds like a bad thing, but it's so funny. I would do it again, just to see what happens. XD