Korean's Protest American Beef

@worldwise1 (14887)
It has been much in the news lately about the South Korean's staging a huge protest against the lifting of the ban on import of American beef. This got me wondering-do they have a legitimate reason to protest? I, for one, can understand their concern. I feel this way because I don't think our government has done enough to guarantee that our beef products are free from whatever caused the Mad Cow scare of a few years ago. I know that every time I eat beef it is in the back of my mind. I have heard that there is a test that could be used to insure that the cattle are free of the disease but our government refuses steadfastly to use it. Why do you think this is? For those of you who still consume beef, do you feel safe eating it? This is a matter that I have mixed feelings about.
@pyewacket (44036)
I can't help thinking they might have a really good legitimate reason for it though...never mind the mad cow business, but how about all the recalls of our beef due to e.coli contamination??..no doubt they've been hearing about that so if you were in their position wouldn't you be skeptical about accepting our beef too?
@worldwise1 (14887)
Hey, pyewacket, I'm skeptical about our beef(and other products), and I live in this country!There have been far too many recalls of contaminated food, in my opinion. Someone is asleep at the wheel.
I feel safe eating beef. I guess I just suppose that if it is my time, it is my time. I do not eat a lot of ground beef. They have a right to refuse our beef if they want to, though.
@worldwise1 (14887)
Of course they have that right, GG, but I still wonder if there isn't something else going on behind the scenes.
Lol. American beef? As if we have any. It's mostly all the nasty parts of the cow that you wouldn't want to eat.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I do believe the people who live out West would disagree with you, LordTimber!