can you ruin your life for a brother/sister?

@snowbitz (487)
I think most of us already done this specially if your're the eldest in the family all of the responsibilities is being put in your shoulder.You don't have a choice take it or leave it but most of us choose to take it if means ruining your future for the sake of the family.Well i don't regret doing it because i've seen the outcome my brother has a better life now. My sister is studying still but still I think i've done a good job because she's still in the school.If I were to choose i would always choose this because everybody loves their family.
You are right,everybody loves their family. I just cucious that when you do this,do you consider whether you can be rewarded or not? You mean you love your family more than yourself?
@snowbitz (487)
hello i never think of nay reward when i was helping my family all i could think of that time was lessen their burden.Yes i love my family more than myself, maybe you would think that its not good but for me i would do anything for my family that time. Right now i would consider things because i already have a kid who needs me it would be unfair for my daughter if i would do something without considering her first.My priority now is my daughter and my husband they are my immediate family that's what i was lacking before i never think of my husband when it comes to helping my family because i think subconsciously that how a filipino is.And it did not bother him before because he was also like that when it comes to his family.
My elder brother also ruin his future for me.Once I ask him wether he regret or not,he said he didn't choose to go further education himself,he didn't want to study any more,not give the chance for me.But I knew,I appreciate him all my life. I just want to know what they will think if the person in his position.Thank you.
I don't love my family.................
@razor123 (979)
I know your just saying that in jest. But deep within your heart mind and soul you will love your family a lot. I am pretty sure about that mate.
@chiwasaki (4678)
I don't have any brother or sister. That is a sad thing. If I have a sibling, I won't ruin my life for them. For sure they will not be happy with what I'm going to do as well.
@razor123 (979)
As far as i'm concerned i'm the youngest in the Family and i just have one elder brother. He's a very sweet fellow but if it comes risking his life and future for me i wonder if he would do that. I know he loves me a lot but still could never say when the real time comes. Now days i have seen so many people cheating their own brother and sisters when money is concerned. Risking one's life and future for the other sibling would be something the person would think a million times before doing so Lol...
@humra7 (178)
I've ruined my life for my younger brother. Last year when i went to sign my contract for handball representation my brother called me. He was so thrilled that i could not even understand him what is he talking about. I know that i had some spare time so i went to check him out. He won head prize on some contest and he needed to be driven to airport. I knew that i don't have much time but that trip was very important to him so i have driven him to airport. I was hoping that i will still make to sign that contract but when we came to airport his flight was late and he could not go without sign of person older than 18. Ours mother and father could not come because she was on seminar in Italy and an he was in hospital. Since i was only one in family over 18 i waited with him and sign permission hat he is allowed to go to Scotland. At the time i manage to come to place where i had to sign i was 45 minutes late and they said that it's late and i can't sign anymore. First i was angry. First on my brother than on myself. Then i realized that my brother will be happy as he never were and he is going to be thankful. I had to accept that i never will be professional handball player.