TV families -- would you choose any of them as friends

@Debs_place (10551)
Ok, it seems over the past few years we have met some families through TLC and have seen them change over time. I am thinking of 3 specific families that are on TLC. We have Jon and Kate from Jon and Kate + 8, we have MIchelle and JimBob of the Duggar Family and Matt and Amy Roloff from Little People, Big World. If I lived in a world where I had to choose one of these families to live on my street who would I pick Jon & Kate - No way. Kate is way to mean to Jon and he seems so good natured to put up with it all. But the kids are cute. Michelle and Jim Bob - no Michelle is just the opposite of Kate, she is way too submissive, the woman needs to develop a spine and no one can be that happy all of the time. Matt and Amy - yes, they have a normal relationship - they laugh, they get angry with each other, they kiss and make up. They have normal kid problems and seem like fun. What about you, any TV families that you would like to see in your neighborhood?
TLC is awesome. I love the Roloffs. Matt really inspires me to do better with my life.I kind of see him as a guru because of everything that he teaches to his kids. On Jon and Kate Plus 8 they are so fun to watch. Kate is so controlling and Jon just sits back and kind of takes it most of the time, lol. And their kids are cute and cool. I wouldn't mind both of them to live on my street. I think it would be awesome. And then I could play soccer with Zach.
@Debs_place (10551)
Yes, Zach is a tough little guy. I think all of the Roloff kids are pretty cool. Each with their own personalities and quirks. Molly is just so sweet, wish she was my kid. Yes, Matt is a good teacher. He uses his mistakes wisely, as a learning tool for both him and his kids and now us. He is a wise man.
@irishidid (8119)
I like Kate and Amy. I'm a bit like Kate myself, just not quite as mean (people may have a different opinion) and I let my kids get dirty. She's a bit anal about the cleanliness thing.
@Debs_place (10551)
Yes, she is very anal about the cleanliness thing. Remember the episode when she was interviewing cleaning women. I must admit - she scares me. I like Amy - she is cool.
@villageanne (8579)
I would love to have the team from "numbers" or "The Unit" live in our neighborhood. I think we would be much safer. LOL "NOT"
@Debs_place (10551)
I have never heard of either of those shows. What channel and when?
All my favorite shows are on CBS
@tyc415 (5706)
I like to watch Jon and Kate's show and I agree with you, she is so mean to Jon and puts him down so much but the kids are really cute ... well one or two already have an attitude. I have watched the Duggar family on TV also but will just keep it TV and not real life. Not sure if I would want Matt and Amy living in my neighborhood but I sure would love to live in theirs. They could put me and my family up on their land and rent a house out to us so we could enjoy all the beauty they have there. I love to watch them and like you said, they are so "normal" on tv and are not putting on not for one second. I really do admire that family.
@Debs_place (10551)
Yes, Jon and Kates kids are cute and an attitude in some kids is normal -- which you don't see in the Duggar kids -- that scares me sort of. Yes, their land is beautiful and the kids do seem to enjoy it and have fun on it...love the western town. I agree, I could go to their Matt and Amy live, their weather is certainly better then what I get.
@Debs_place (10551)
I caught a few minutes of Jon and Kate last night and Kate said that they are real and their show is not cut or edited and if she appears mean or cranky that is the way it is with so many kids. I have to admire her for being so honest.
Well, Matt drives me nuts because he likes to be bossy even when he doesn't know what he is talking about. I like them OK (Little People Big World). I like the Duggars except I went to a Christian school that had the same thinking as they do. I'm a Christian, but I don't go into the ultra conservative as they do. And the school I first attended that was Christian was a lot like the Duggars. It was either that school or a really bad public school. I think my parents chose well under the circumstances. As for Jon and Kate Plus 8, she IS mean to him, although sometimes he is lazy. But she drives me nuts. So I guess out of the three I would choose the Roloff family, but if I could choose any TV family I would choose the family or families of Dog the Bounty Hunter. I mean sure, I wouldn't like the cursing and drama, but it would be the safest block in the city! And considering where I live, I'm all about the safety issue. : )
@Debs_place (10551)
Yes, he is bossy but he is also willing to step aside when needed and he will admit when he is over his head. I think he can be dealt with. Yes, I went to a catholic school as well, but the Duggars home school and the are just conservative, the way the girls dress and are treated reminds me of the cult in Texas. I don't think the boys will have multiple wives but the way the females act and are treated and dress shows the same mentality. True about Jon, but I still think Kate goes overboard in her treatment and expectations. I have never seen Dog the Bounty Hunter but safety is important so I will give you that.
The school I went to, the girls were let to be known they were second class citizens to the boys. As soon as my parents could afford it, they found me another Christian school to go to.
I don't have a T, and I have not seen a program like that in a long time. I have heard about the Duggars, but I've never see te show I'd by lying if I said I wasn't a bit courious. Submissive women really really annoy me. It would probaly be wise of her to stay away from me in real life, or I'll persoally impoan a back bone in her body whether she likes it or not! LOL
@Debs_place (10551)
Yes, Michelle in this show has absolutely no backbone - she just adores her hubby and listens to his every word. Not Me!
Of the TLC variety I would simply love to live in close proximity to Matt and Amy Roloff, like you I find them to be real people. But I would be best friend with Rosanne and Dan Conner. They are just like my family, a bit smart A$$ed funny cynical yet still loving and down to earth.
@Debs_place (10551)
I can understand that, Roseanne in so many ways is realistic - living paycheck to paycheck, kids with attitude, living with the rotten surprises that life can bring. Yes, the Conner's would be good too.
@cassidy22 (2975)
Nothing on TV is really real, even reality TV. IT's all edited and whatever, so you never see the whole picture. I doubt any of them would turn out to be the friends I thought they would be - or maybe they just wouldn't want to be friends with me. But I don't watch TV, so I don't portent to know a TV family well enough to think I could be friends with them.
@Debs_place (10551)
Oh, I know reality shows aren't real, but you can often get a feel for how a person is based on what we see. Matt and Amy just seem real and like they are showing themselves and not just a TV front.
@slickcut (8141)
I love Matt & Amy Roloff..I watch them all the time and they seem like fun people to get to know.I would love to be neighbors with them.Amy it seems is the type of person i could sit down and have a chat and a nice cup of coffee...
@Debs_place (10551)
Yes, Amy has something real about her. She is who she is and that is that. I like her. Yup, sit down, complain about the husband, the kids, the weather and housework. SHe could be a great friend.