$55,000 found in jail bathroom

Missouri's St. Louis County Jail said $55,000 in $50 and $100 bills was found by a jail employee in a prisoner booking restroom, a secure area. The jail said the money, of unknown origin, was found stuffed behind a tissue dispenser in the secure area of the St. Louis County Justice Center, the St. Louis (Mo.). Police said they interviewed a number of prisoners at the jail, including those who were booked shortly before the money was discovered July 2, but none admitted to having any knowledge of the cash. "We really don't know where it came from, so I guess you could consider any possibility," said Clayton Police Chief Thomas Byrne. Officers said they are investigating whether the cash may have been linked to any recent robberies or thefts. The Clayton city attorney said he is researching what should be done with the money if police are unable to find out where it came from. So if noonwe claims the money, what would you like to be done wth it?? Who should have the money?? Normally if you hand money in and noone claims it after so long, you get to have it. This was found in a jail, someone should know about it but yet noone is saying anything!! How bizarre!!!!
@bjcyrix (6857)
Oh! Thats story is really something. Its not everyday that huge sums of money are found in jails. Sure the money might be for one of the inmates but what good will that do inside? Did they say how old the money was? I mean how long do the authorities think that its been there. I know that they found it on July 2 and that they found it in a secure area but maybe they just didnt think to check dispensers and things that its been sitting there for years or something. If it was up to me, after a specified period of time, the money should just be used for renovations or improvements or a donation to the County Jail. Anyways, whatever the money was for at least the inmates and guards had a very interesting day.
The guards probably kept it for a party!! It is puzzling how it got into jail in the first place. I have no idea how old the money is, just shows how often they check bizarre places!!
@bjcyrix (6857)
LOL! You are definitely right about that.^_^
@bjcyrix (6857)
Hi! Just leaving a comment to say, thanks for the mark!^_^
@gemini_rose (16194)
Why can't I find something like that, it happens but never to me! What would I do if I found it, I really do not know, it would be so tempting to just keep it, but then I would be fearful of being seen with it, being found out so I would probably just reluctantly hand it in!
But if you found it in jail what would you do with it??? Would you spend it on the jail itself, throw a party for the inmates or officers, hand it over to the police or give it to a charity??
@gemini_rose (16194)
NO comment your honor for fear of incriminating myself with my answer! LOL
@BYOLA2871 (4376)
• South Africa
well my first advice will be to either return the money to the reserve or send it in for charity and then to think about how it got there i think we should ask the prison warders,they should know