Just a little vent

@stacyv81 (5906)
Ok, so I sell AVON, and This is what irritates me about it. They offer a 100% guarantee, or your money back! Which is fine and good for business, however, I think if AVON themselves is going to offer this then AVON should be the one to pay the return shipping fees, right? Well, instead they offer a global 100% guarantee, and yet the representatives must pay the shipping....Does anyone else see this as a little unfair? I love AVON, their products and all but I just think this is completely unfair, what do you think?
@SheliaLee (2738)
I agree with you 100 percent. My daughter used to see Avon and I used to think they were a very fine company. But she had several items sent to her that she did not order plus she had some items that people didn't purchase. She went on line and tried to get credit for all these items and never could get it to go through. She sent the items back in a big box paying $14 for shipping and they still never gave her credit for the items. Then the sent her a big bill that she is still paying for. She told them she will finish paying them what she owes but she will never sell for them again. I hope you can get your shipping back but I don't look for it. Best of luck!! Shelia
@stacyv81 (5906)
Well, I have never had a problem with getting credit, but if you send back $25 worth of items, you only get back about $13 because of shipping, and it doesnt seem right.
@gabbana (1815)
Hello, it's good to meet people who sell Avon. 12 years ago, i began my Avon business, and yes, during my Avon career, the company launched 100%guarantee, but during practice, it is ok for customer to return, but for me or people around me selling Avon products, we were asked to provide the proof like hospital pescription. Anyway, i stick to Avon products all my life though i ceased my Avon business years ago.
I'm not sure in which country you are in the world but in the UK with Avon representatives don't pay shipping or postage to return products. You just put stuff back into one of the boxes, stick your barcode on it and give it to the delivery guy when he comes with your regular delivery. Just wanted to point this out.
@stacyv81 (5906)
That is so not fair!!!
@stacyv81 (5906)
Do you have to pay shipping to Get the products you order in the UK?
If you are an Avon representative in the UK delivery is free for your regular on-time order for each campaign, but you only get this delivery every three weeks. If you want products inbetween times then this is called an "additional order" and you have to pay £2.50 for delivery (about 5$)
@faith210 (11233)
Hi stacyv81! I do think that is unfair. it should be AVON who should shoulder the shipping cost since it is them who offered the 100% guarantee. The AVON officials should not put that burden to their representatives, it will be unwise for them to do so. Their representatives are the backbone of their sales/marketing and it will be best for them to take care of these representatives or else lose them eventually. Take care and God bless!
@stacyv81 (5906)
I agree, I mean I could see if they offered it to representatives and left it up to them to offer to customers, but since it is the way it is, they should pay!
@faith210 (11233)
Hi stacyv81! Yes, if AVON wants it that way, they should shoulder everything including shipping. Take care and God bless!
@stacyv81 (5906)
I agree! =)
i was seriously considering selling avon at one time and checked it out online. i read what a lot of people said who used to work for it and who presently work for it. the ones who sell it do not have a fair chance of making money. you have a lot of out of pocked expenses. the ones who really make money are higher up.they make money off of the people they bring in to sell. so the sellers do the dirty work and the people over have the best deal. i love their products but not the way they run their company.
@stacyv81 (5906)
well, in all fairness you CAN make A LOT of money with AVON, if you can sell a lot, I have made a considerable amount in the time I have sold, however, IF you arent 100% dedicated to it as you would be a full time job, you wont be as successful. Overall I love AVOn and am blessed to be able to do it, and to do it as well as I do, but There are SOME drawbacks, as the shipping thing, but I am hoping to get something going that can get signatures, or emails going to try to change it, but otherwise, I am doing pretty well. But your comment seems to be the conensus on the matter, most people feel the same way. If you are successful at AVON you can really make some money, and get a lot of free stuff, such as AVON products, free vacations, etc, but you really would have to put forth the time and effort. Thanks for responding! =)
i am glad that it is working for you. that is a blessing.
• Lubbock, Texas
Most companies that offer guarantees require the buyer to pay the return shipping. It may not seem fair, but it is a general practice.
• Lubbock, Texas
Oh, and by the way, I don't approve of a great deal of Avon policies. I can't even remember them all, but they were grievous enough that I quit selling Avon 15 years ago.
@Lexus656 (672)
Yea I just started selling avon and I love it so far. Its really hard right now with the economy right now. they should just be hapy we are still getting orders and take that fee off. I don't think its fair anyway they are making so much more then us as small time reps so I don't see why it's such a big loss for them to pay the shipping.