Walmart still number 1 globally

@ersmommy1 (12600)
Retaining its spot as the largest company in the world, the retail giant spent the last year making strides toward becoming friendlier to its workers and the environment. Read where now 93% of workers have some form of healthcare. That's up 90% from just last year. Does this change your opinion about Walmart or do they still have a long way to go?
@DonnaLawson (4032)
I have never really liked Walmart and don't think that I ever will.. I know about 7 or 8 people that worked at Walmart and everyone of them was treated badly.. I don't think that it is sour grapes with them, but think it was honestly Walmart treating its employees badly.. Each one had a different story but all of the results were the same, Walmart treated them like dirt.. I shop at K-mart only, I never go to Walmart, they are just to big and too greedy..
Are you sure you got those numbers right? Now 93% of Walmart employees have health care insurance which is up 90% from last year. Um, last year 3% of Walmart Employees had healthcare? Are they counting encouraging their employees to sign up for Welfare as having a form of healthcare? Did they fire all the employees who weren't paying for health insurance? I think Walmart has a bad reputation and is trying to fix that before it hurts their sales. I mean, I do not prefer going to Walmart because I know what a piece of dung they are to their employees. Several reports I've read or watched.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I like Walmart it is usually cheaper them most places I shop. I only have one fault with Walmart and that is that they no longer have layaway. It hurt alot of people and family since they couldn't layawy their kids school clothing and christmas gifts. We have a Kmart but it's layaway system has alot to be desired but they care not about that since they are now the only layaway sotre now that people can afford. And they charges fees and other stuff. My brother and Aunt work for a Walmart in Ohio and they seem to like it alot. It is a friendly store to work.
@stephcjh (32327)
That is great. I would love to have healthcare again. We have not had it for years. We cannot afford to pay for it. It costs more than my house payment. I am glad that Walmart has finally stepped up to the plate for their employees.
@twallace (2675)
Eventhough they have been having problems with the employee issues. There still one of the top retail chains right now. They have made it better for people to shop for all of the things that they need in one place. Instead of having to run around from store to store. When you can get it all in one place. Now some people shop around for the best deal. But i know if you took a sales paper to Wal-Mart and show them that another store has a better deal than them they would lower their prices. It would take alot to really change their status as one of the top consumer shopping places.