Do you have a magical place that is yours alone?

@raydene (9874)
About a half mile behind my house is a pond where no-one goes anymore except the blue herons, geese, ducks, and other wildlife. It is the most magical place in the early hours of the morning. If I go sit quietly so not to impost on those that use this as their home, I can be a spectator for a short time but I always know my place there is only stolen for a minute in time and I can never be a part of it...always just the watcher! Do you have a place?
@wolfie34 (26792)
The magical place is in my head my sweet and I often visit it when I am feeling blue, which I have to admit isn't that often of late, I now enjoy life so much more and I am back on the road to recovery. I also have my beloved retreat where I go to, I know it's not alone but it's magical to me and I reap the benefits from it. I love getting close to nature and appreciating Mother Nature's wonderful animals. I had the blessed opportunity to watch some young deer go for a swim in a park, it was a wonderous site, beautiful memory that made me smile and glad I was alive xxx
@raydene (9874)
Hello Son I've missed you tons... I recieved a wonderful card from your Scot's sis but alas my Scot wasn't among them ...was yours? lol mom
@wolfie34 (26792)
Hi ma! I got one too and it was right up my street, or should I say up my kilt, trouble is there was a label stuck where things oughta be PMSL! I think they know me too well, I always wanted to know what a Scotsman really wears or doesn't wear under his kilt ;0)
@raydene (9874)
scotman marching - kilt assunder
The real Scots MEN wear nothing doll
@winterose (39916)
No unfortunately I do not have a special place just for me, the closest I had was my bed with my beautiful white cat pearl under the covers, but pearl is gone now, and that place is no longer special.
I don't but after reading your description of your place I wish I did. You made it come alive.
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Raydene I have a magical place that I go to which is about twenty miles from where I live and it is in a very small cove and the only one down to it is through a smugglers tunnel with hundreds of steps, I will sit on my rock and listen to the eco of the lapping of the waves and then go for a paddle along the waters egde. I always feel light as if I am slightly detached from the real world when I go there and find a peace and serenity within which will last for days after my visit. Ellie :D
@Darkwing (21588)
As you can imagine, my friend, I have several magickal places, or sacred spaces, as I call them. Two or three of them are really close to home, like yours, and there are a couple of others, further afield. They're all in public places, but places which don't get visited that often, bar by the few. Two are on hilltops, one is in the woods, one on the beach, one by the second millpond and the other, which you'll probably find odd, is in the cemetery! I have a special place in the churchyard, where I can sit and drift. I sit there for hours on end and it's especially nice early in the morning when the sun's coming up, or at sunset. The place in the woods, is where a tree was cut down, a hazel tree, and the stump is about the right height for me to sit amongst a grove of hazel trees. The hazel tree is my birth tree, so I guess that's what the attraction is. Brightest Blessings and thank you for this discussion, my friend. xxx
@imsilver (1668)
Like I said in an earlier post, I reside in Northern BC Canada. The forest is a 5 minute walk from my front door. There is a certain little spot that I go to in the bush. It's absolutely beautiful. It's wooded enough to block out the sound of the traffic passing on the road. I can sit and listen to the trees and the birds and just enjoy Mother Nature.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi raydene! Oh that is such a wonderful place my friend. you are very lucky and blessed to have that near you. I don't have one anymore since I live in the city and the only magical place where I can be is in my mind wherein I make my own world. I usually have my quiet time and in that time, I imagine myself being in a place that is so beautiful and so peaceful. Beautiful flowers everywhere and that is where I go and it is my world and mine alone. Take care and God Bless!
@stephcjh (32327)
I sure wish that I had a magical place that was all mine. We have done alot of work in our back yard though. We have tried to make it a back yard paradise. It still needs more things back there but it is very inviting also. We put in a fish pond back there and it is peaceful to see the fish and hear my windchimes.
@cher913 (25889)
for me, the magical place is in the book i am reading. i tend not to read fiction but even non fiction, you are able to escape into that time period! :-)