I can see better!

I went to the eye doctor today for my annual appointment. (I use the term "annually" loosely since my last appointment was Jan of last year.) Well, my prescription got better by 50%! I didn't even know it was possible for your eyes to correct on their own! My eyes have always been the same prescription since I first had them checked when I was 15, and now at 29 year old, they're 50% better. I'm so thrilled! I asked the Dr. if this is common, and he says it's very rare, but it does happen. He says he actually has a patient whose eyes self-corrected back to 20/20 after having been in glasses for over 20 years! It's truely amazing to me that oour bodies give us these little miracles! So do you know anyone that this has happened to? Or has it happened to you?
@patgalca (14664)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I used to have to wear glasses for distance... for driving. Then suddenly I turned 40 and my eyes did a 180 and now I need reading glasses, and don't need glasses for driving. My Dad wore glasses all the time for years. Then suddenly he only needed them for reading. I don't know what happened there and since he's not around to ask him, I may never know. I can ask my mother but she probably won't remember. Our bodies are changing all the time. Who knows why they do what they do but I'm sure science has some answers.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
Me my eyes improved. It does happen. I had to change my prescription as well. I hope the same thing happens next year. THe human body is a wonderful machine.
@lilybug (21148)
I need to go get my eyes checked and get some new glasses. I am almost positive that my eyes have gotten worse over the last few years.
@nelly5 (1425)
I don't know anyone personally that this has happened to...well now I do, you..lol But I know it can happen. That is wonderful, good for you. I believe that God can and does provide for these type of miracles. I had my own experience of seeing better today, I went to the eye doctor and picked up my new contacts. The ones I had in were so old and blurry, so now I can see 100% better..lol Seriously though, good for you, that is awesome!!! Have a great day!