Does your cat leave a warm spot on your bed?

Sometimes my cat loves to curl up with me in bed. But she also likes to leave in the middle of the night to "hunt" through the house for various reasons. Don't ask me what she's hunting. But she's nocturnal like most cats. And whenever she leaves, I wake up and roll over onto the spot where she was laying and it's so warm and comforting. Actually it's not so much warm as intensely hot. Who knew cats had that much heat in their body? I'll bet cats would be great to have around in a winter ice storm. Does you cat leave a warm spot on your bed in the middle of the night? Does your cat leave your bed at night and roam around the house "hunting" for things?
i cant have my cat sleep on the bed, we have only had him for about 2 months now and when we got him we let him sleep with us, it was a nightmare tho because as soon as you moved even a toe he attacked you lol so we promptly decided he was to sleep in his own bed, which he does when he isnt out all night, he does hunt a lot too, im often finding dea birds on the garden yuk!
When my male cat was a kitten he would sleep in my bed and attack me when I moved. He was adorable! Not so adorable two months later when he got his BIG cat teeth. Very painful. My female cat that sleeps in my bed is a real sweetheart and never attacks anyone. She's a big old Earth Mama cat and tries to mother everything!
i had two of them last winter blazing me out the one boy in particular puts out some major heat. they usually don't wander at night though..once they're planted they stay there til i get up. old lazy kitties.
My EB is usually the same way once she goes to sleep. But the girl spends so much time cleaning her fur! She keeps me awake. If she didn't clean so much I'd be OK with her staying in the room.
urgh.my tux is the same way. cleans and leans on you while he's doing it. you're clean already! stop!
Yup, my cat is te king of the warm spots, especially when he's been lying there all day lon, and I come home at night. You'd think he was trying to lay eggs there, that's how warm it is. -)
*Giggle* You made me laugh! Good thing I wasn't drinking milk at the time.
@Yazo0_0 (74)
Your cat doesn't actually leave warm spots it is because it is on top of that specific part of your bed and is not allowing any of the cold air surrounding the room on to that part making it warm. that is why that part of the bed is always warm
@TessWhite (3147)
Since we live in a multiple cat household we don't need an electric blanket. Usually when I go to bed at night I have to shove a few off just to get into bed. I do have one cat, Fraggle, who likes to hunt. She is quite the thief. Her favorite items to "hunt" are socks, bras and pot holders. I've no clue why. But every night I hear her "hunting" meow and know she is on the prowl. And every morning I wake up to find clothing or potholders scattered thruout the house. LOL
I dont have a car, but I have three dogs. Whenever they are in the bed they leave a warm spot. My one dog always has to be up on a pillow, and lies on his back. He is a bit confused and thinks he is human. He even puts the blanket under his little arms and snores. hehe
Hi beautyqueen26, Yes, when I am downstairss like now my cat is on my asleep and whe go to bed she jumps off and go to sleep somewhere else so that little spot is nice and warm. In the victoriaan days they used to put hot bed pan in the lords and ladies beds to warm it for them. They should have had a cat to do that, it would have saved the maids for doing it.He he.True? Tamara
@munhozmib (3853)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hello, my friend. I don't have any cats, only a dog. But I had one cat for something like a week. Yes, I have heard that cats usually go out in the middle of the night, and this is one point that I don't like about them. They go to the streets, eat trash, and come back to you. But whatever, not all cats are like that. Now, cats have their fur and they usually are warmer than dogs, aren't they? My grandmother used to have a lot of cats, and I've always played with them. I know what they feel like, and yes, it would be great to have them during the winter! Respectfully, Munhozmib.