Who mows the lawn at your house? You, spouse,or hired out?

I just finished mowing the front lawn and still need to do the back. I hate to mow but my husband hasn't had time so I done it. We were gone for a week and it looked bad! We have had so much rain. Anyway, who mows at your house? A couple of years ago we hired it all out and it was so nice but now we don't as we are saving for a new house and I am wanting to open my own business. Money is tight as it is and so now we just do it.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Hi Carol I do not have a Garden any more but when I did have one I used to do it most of the time as the Ex Husband was not Interested
We don't have a garden either. I would like to but we live in town and we don't have room for one. I think that we should start growing tomatoes on the patio but my husband doesn't like that idea.
@bmorehouse1 (1029)
Since I no longer have a spouse I have to mow my own lawn. I bought a new mower last year so at least I have a decent mower that will start right off and that I don't have to fight with. Anything I hate is a mower that won't start. I just want to get out there and get it done since it usually takes me a good hour to get it all mowed.
That is how I feel about it too. When I go to start the mower, I would probably throw it out if it didn't start. I would hate to have to buy a new one as ours is only a couple of years old.
@stephcjh (32328)
I have always mowed my own grass. I used to mow it and weed eat it every year all by myself. My husband changed jobs and now we btoh work seven days per week nights. It is too hard for me to do it by myself now. He helps me mow it and weed eat it now. I am glad because the work around the house, working online and keeping up with the yard work was wearing me out.
I know what you mean. I work away from home, work online, home school my kids and do the yard work and house work. I know that seems unfair to me,but my husband works more hours than I do and he works out of town a lot so it is hard for him to help out. He will if he is home.
Well for the past year we have not mowed our lawn and we have not hired anyone to do it we have a horse that does it for use hehe and we used to have a goat that helped out. It's so much easier this way. I am gonna miss having the horse around when I move.
Well, I live inside city limits so I don't think that I can have either one of those to help me out,but it is a great idea!!
Well actually my aunt had him in town when she lived there lol she used to walk him downtown lol he is more like a dog that eats everything lol he didn't like other goats.
Where does she live that she can have horses in town? I would like to be there. We had horses for a little while but we were too busy at the time to care for them. I enjoy riding but my youngest daughter was scared of them.
@shelly43 (1197)
we live on 1/4 ache and my hubby loves his garden and lawns, he enjoys mowing the lawns.. ive never had to mow a lawn though one time i tried lol i thought i did a good job, well now i see why he says he enjoys it lol...