Yellow Pages and 411

@dfollin (12769)
It makes me so mad,when I look something up in the yellow pages to find the number to be wrong or disconnected.Therefore I spend $1 to call information to find that I get the same wrong number.Does this happen to you?
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Yes it has happened a time or two. I search first to see if I can find it online first if not I have called the operater and it is still wrong. I guess that they need to update there phone numbers. I hate wasting a dollar to call the operater.
@dfollin (12769)
I have found that the numbers on the internet are even more out of date.I hate wasting a dollar too.I feel like,that's my dollar and I want it back.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I agree they should refund you. A dollar is to much to me anyhow to just call for a phone number.
@dfollin (12769)
Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.
@ctrymuziklvr (11059)
I usually look up phone numbers and address on the internet. Most of the time they are updated but not always. I always make sure to have an updated yellow pages book handy just in case. I won't spend $1 to call 411 no matter what!
@dfollin (12769)
Where I live I have to.The phone books don't even give numbers in the next county.
@cream97 (29166)
Hi. dfollin. No, if this number that I am calling is a local number, I won't get charged for it. It also depends on the type of cell phone that I have to. If I have an unlimited plan, I can call anywhere in the U.S. for free, without being charged a fee of any kind. I have however, called many telephone numbers and they were disconnected, but I did not get charged for making the phone calls though.
@slickcut (8141)
Always and forever ,its disgusting and i feel like i just wasted my dollar..Some people just do not do updates on their phone numbers and its not really the telephone company that is to blame its the people who do not make changes.I especailly do not like it when a company does this ,it makes me feel that they do not care about their customers....