What is the difference having a big family to having a small family?

@patzel88 (3311)
I belong to a big family were my parents have 13 siblings in which i am in the 11th from the eldest. The difference of having a big family is more on financial for planning better future for the children. But what if the children that you have you are also building their own family? Base on my experience, when our teenage time our home is full of happy moments until all of us have each own family and some of us are far from my parents, only my parents are left at home and sometimes we knew that they are longing for their children but because of having a family of our own we could not go to our parents instead we have some alibis. We are worried also about their situation for being alone. Now that i have my own family i prefer to have a small family so that i will be prepared when they leave me.
@mayka123 (10824)
I had been brought up by my uncle from the age of one and he had 8 children and I was the 9th - the youngest. Now I live alone with my daughter after my husband expired and I feel very lonely. I had always liked big families and wanted a big family myself - not meaning many children but wanted to live with inlaws and the extended family.
@patzel88 (3311)
by having a big family is not really the answer if we are not welcome especially when we are not close to them. i have some friends here that they are still single in the age of 60's but because they have enough money or they have savings, some of their relatives are willing to help work at home. I've just figure out that they are longing for money, but some also are willingness comes from their heart and not for the money.
@mayka123 (10824)
A big family is good only when there is a good relationship between all at home. Its no use if each member looks in different directions. The emotional closeness and attachment is very important.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I always wanted a large family but after being divorced when i was 23y/o i figured that my 2girls would be my only children since i didn't plan on remarrying and had made my peace with that. However when i was 34y/o i did remarry and had 2 sons. so i did get my big family but the first two was almost grown-up before i got the second two.
@patzel88 (3311)
yah it is grown up and years goes by they will have their own family too.