These Are the "Good Old Days"!

You can be happy now....Right now! Sit down somewhere you can concentrate. Close your eyes. Imagine that you are really a nursing home. You really want to go back to being young again. You want to be able to open your eyes and be able to want to be able to hear without a hearing aid. Even though your kids were bad, your house was a mess, and needed work done to it, at least you had a house....if you could only go back. Then open your eyes and say "Here I am! I'm back!" Lol. Seriously, I do that sometimes. Today I was sitting on my front porch and I was thinking like that, so I wrote it down. And it actually made me cry. I am always stressed out about how my house needs fixed up and I don't have the money to do anything with it. I wrote in my Journal today: "Someday in the future I may be sitting and thinking back to what I'm doing right now. I'll be saying something like this: 'I remember when I used to sit on my front porch swing. I always thought it needed painted or I needed a new one, but I didn't have the money to do anything like that. Boy, if I only had a front porch now. I'd give anything to have that old unpainted swing back, and be able to sit out in the fresh air. Max, my dear beagle, would be sitting out there with me, begging for my ice cream. That really got on my nerves sometimes, but now that he's gone, I really wish I had him to share my ice cream with. I could never really relax on my front porch back then. I was always looking around at what needed fixed, or painted, or planted. I was always thinking about the 'good old days' before I had a house to take care of, pets to feed, and kids to raise. Little did I know that I'd be sitting here today wishing I had that old house to paint, clean, and sit on the porch of. The dog I had to feed, bathe, and let out in the middle of the night was always there when I needed someone to hug. Willow, my old gray cat, she always meowed for her food the moment I woke up and walked into the kitchen. I'd get so mad at her. Didn't she know I was hungry too? But somehow she always knew when I was stressed, and she would crawl up on me as I was trying to eat my breakfast and trying to push her away, she would wrap her little arms around my neck and give me a hug that just melted my anxiety away. I sure wish she were here now to hug me and purr in my ear....." At this point I was crying as I was writing. I was thinking as if my pets were really dead and I was old and all alone, and someone else lived in my old house. It really made me happy to go back in the house and see the pets that normally get on my nerves, and all the work I have to do. Thinking into the future can really make you appreciate the 'hard times' you have right now.
• Bahamas
Those thoughts are easy to relate to. That sounds like something we need to do every once in awhile, just to take prospective of our lives. When we're in the here and now, we easily lose sight of the important things. Sometimes we need to just slow down and appreciate what we have, because when it's's gone.
Yea, I was just looking through my old discussions and found this one again. I'm glad it's here so I can read it occasionally.
Your life is full of memories, each moment happens for a reason and sometimes its fun or even sad to sit down and string all those moments into memories. The chance to think back and remember the good ole days should be done without regret. People pass, pets die but our memories keep those special times fresh when we want to go back in time.