King David

Why do you think King David is called "a man after God's own heart"?
@efc872 (1078)
• Jamaica
He did the things that God love.
So Go ves or a man to have several wives, and even mistresses? God loves a man who kills a man just so he can have her? God loves a man that ignores his own children because he doesn't want to deal with the situation? A man who allows his son to rape his daughter? A man who outcasts his own son because he stood up for his sister? A man who runs from his enemies? A man who wages war on surrounding countries just to gain more power? I don't think this is the answer. David was really not an honorable man at all.
@efc872 (1078)
• Jamaica
Amazing, and this is the man that Jesus Christ originates from.
Yes he is. But Jesus lineage on earth has nothing to do with where he came from. If the Bible holds any truth at all, Jesus was inseminated into mary's womb. He had none of the bloodline from mary or joseph. Joseph is the one who is actually a descendant of king david.
I have struggled with this one too. David made a lot of huge mistakes, and from what I know of him was a very immoral being. AS far as I can stretch my imagination to understand that statement, I get he was AFTER God's heart. Meaning no matter how many, or how bad of, mistakes he made, he always came back to God and repentented and TRIED to change. He always understood that he had room to improve. He always did the best he knew how. And even in his his worst times, he found a way to worship his lord.
@efc872 (1078)
• Jamaica
David was working with God check 2 Samuels 5:25 he didn't have to repent at all.
@jlamela (4909)
Well, maybe because God chooses him to be the second King of Israel to lead His chosen people. King David has an exceptional leadership ability and very devoted to God, but later on took different road by being submissive to lusts.
Maybe because he realy wanted to do Gods will, he wanted to know God.
@psalm1_3 (562)
As what he said in Psalm 8:6, "who is man that you are mindful of him?..." Maybe David was referring to his self when he wrote this. Well, David's own descendant answered his question. He was Jesus. Jesus himself answered David's question, saying, "I no longer called you as my servants, But I have called you friends because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father."(John 15:15) In that passage, it simply answered the question that really bugled the king's mind. "friend of God." When we say friend of God, that speaks about a great opportunity, authority, and even power, as long as Serving God is concerned. And one more thing, David also knew what really worship and praises for God meant, that he had uncovered his self in the midst of his joyful and genuine adorations to God. That was during the time when the Ark of Covenant was returned back to their camp. That only means that God's presence will be with them again. As Christians, we must know how to make God smile. No matter what situation we are in, whether you we feel we're not in mood to sing during Sunday's service, we should give God the Glory. For only one reason, "HE IS WORTHY!" No matter what, He still remains the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords. That's must be the real worship from a "Man after God's own Heart"... God Bless You