Do you live to eat or eat to live??

Hi all, I got his question because today i eat too much and felt i cant move. as soon as i said this to my mom.. Her comment was, "Dont live to eat." .. This is not always but most of the time it is. When i think, why do we work for our living and eat good food. some of us eat to live better and work better and then so on.. its like a circle every is related.. What do you think? Do you live to eat or eat to live? share with us. enjoy living :)
@drannhh (15002)
That is an interesting question and I would say I do a bit of each, but we are what we eat, so it is a function to be taken seriously. This summer I spent more time than usual growing a little bit of our own food and we enjoyed eating fresh greens from our garden. That is a luxury for us as it has not been something we normally had time to try to do. When I was young we grew most of our own food, from garden crops to raising animals for milk and eggs and meat. We worked very hard in the summer to get enough food grouwn to harvest in the fall and then we worked very hard canning it to put away to last the long winter. But there is great satisfaction in eating the food one has grown, and also the knowledge that it is clean and safe to eat.
oh yes drannhh, When i went to gujrat to my uncles place, they also do the same thing. Harvest - sell some persentage and keep some percentage of grains. For daily need of vegetable comes from the feild.. so fresh and tasty. Yes feel a satisfation deep inside that atleast we are eating safe food. thanks for sharing enjoy :)
@bbsr13 (4199)
Hello,yogesh!Better it is to eat to live and not live to eat.if you live to eat than you will definitely suffer from various types of diseases,and if you eat to live,you enjoy a good health.i normally eat a plain diet to live a healthy life.thanx.
thanks bbsr, i have the same diet.. i eat normal food daily. its only sunday when we prepare something special for every one in our house. enjoy:)
@rlawliet (141)
lol.. 'live to eat' is a comment for lazy people who wants to enjoy their lives doing nothing.. hehehe.. 'eat to live' means to work hard on your endeavors, work hard for your own food.. and to live a meaningful life.. hehe.. =)
oh yes thats true, but many a time i love to eat, and i feel that wow what a food. thanks for the reply :)
I do a little of both I think. I am a type 2 diabetic so I have to eat to live but that doesn't mean I can't eat all the good things life has to offer me. I think a well made meal is a pleasure and if eaten with a small amount of self control both options of eating to live and living to eat can be attained.