Marry? No way if you don't buy me a house!

China
Well, i'm depressed to type the captioned words, but many girls in China now are having this kind of thought, and more and more. The pressure of buying a house in a big city is increasing, especially for those poor guys from rural and work in downtown. The price hike in real estate has caused many millionaire, but also makes buying house a hot topic all over the country. Those who have money bought many houses although they only live in one, they just make moeny from this, buy it and wait for its appreciation. Thus, it's really hard to buy house.But as house's basic requirement, yeah, everybody needs a place to live, girls now want those who have already had houses. Will those poor guys be bachelor? Can't they just rent house and marry? Why the richer's richer and the poor's poorer, is there a way to prevent this? I'm very much worried.
Hi lynettebyc, in my opinion, i don't think that all girls having such thinking. No doubt, a house is one of the basic requirements in our life, but i believe there are some girls are willing to work together with the husband and built up their own family, regardless own a house or rent a house. On the current economy situation where rich people become richer and poor people become poorer, i do think that government might need to revise the way that they manage the country. Maybe they can come out with some strategy on how to improve it.
Hello, just12blog, you're right, not all girl have such thought, but lots of girls have now. They are becoming more and more realistic. Government is trying therir best and you know policy and law can't be perfect Enjoy life
Yes, lynettebyc, i really agree with you that most of the gals are realistic now. This even more obvious if we look at the younger generation :p It is hard to get a perfect policy because this is not only fully depend on government but also the citizen in the country. Have a nice day :)
Yeah, i think the richer should do sth to help. I mean if they have lots of money, they can invest it to other places rather than the real estate, just leave some roon for the poorer to breathe.This will not prices that high, i guess Enjoy life
@steve9737 (918)
• Colombia
I don't think it is just in china, I have heard it in every country, many girls want to guy who would provide them with a place where to raise their children, but I think that if a girl love really to someone, she would don't mind about rest a house, I think that love is becoming lest and lest important, by the way I never thought about hear someone from china to talk about people getting richer's chicher and poor's poorer, maybe china have changed a lot, but maybe that is the price that we have to pay for live in a modem civilization.
Prices of food and clothes hiked these years, and as the rich can invest, they don't mind, but for the poor, the growing rate of their salary is much smaller than that of daily necessities. That's my feeling, but the poor does suffer a lot. Enjoy life
@zandi458 (27954)
Women these days are not only smart but are very materialistic. they place a price tag on the poor guys before agreeing to get married. they want assurance and insurance that they will have a happy future if they are married to a rich guy. If you are young and beautiful,probably the chances are high to strike the gold pot. I didn't see all these before I got married. My mom gave me a piece of land and I build my own house before I met and married my husband. I am happy to be independent and not depending on the men for my happiness.
Hello, zandi, yeah, i don't want to count on my spouse totally, at least i should split some of the expenses to pay. Enjoy life
@nice030481 (1108)
here i the philippines, there are also people having the same mentality, but for me, the first requirement of getting married is if you love the one you will marry, it is because you have nothing to regret if you love him or here no matter what is her or his status in life. you will never be happy if you married a person just beacuse of the material things they can give to you.
@sid556 (31018)
That is pretty pathetic. What happened to marrying someone because you love them? There has to be girls out there that love you for who you are that would be willing to work and work towards a better lifestyle together. here in the states, there are women that are out for what they can get from a guy but there are also plenty that are not like that. A marriage based on material wealth will be fragile at best. It is hard to believe that your entire country is like that. Is it possible you are just meeting the wrong girls?
@olivemai (4738)
It is similar here! I had to agree to living in a rented house before I got married! I had always thought I would buy one, but my husband was less ambitious and said he would not hear of any talk to buy one! So we rent. It does sound like the older men will have more brides! Maybe the newly weds can live with their parents until they save enough money? I thought there were more extended families in China, if the whole family lives together, they can all save money and still own the house!
Hello, olivemai, oh it is similar in your place, i thought it was only here. You're kind, you would like to marry your husband even if he's no house. Yeah, if the extended families live together, it will save money and room, the problems are children work far away from home and they need a place to live, to wed and to breed children. Enjoy life
@olivemai (4738)
It was not easy, as my first boyfriend and I had planned on a big house to fill with children! Here, in this state, houses tend to be smaller so we got used to it! I only hope that my children are able to buy a house or two and finish establishing our family in this state! I know of one married couple who may buy a house after the children grow up and move out!
Well, then there comes the education fees of the children, which are higher and higher in China. If the child is a boy, then he needs to buy a house again. Vicious cycle!They can't make it or at least very difficult Enjoy life