advertising predators out there!!

i am so sick of seeing fibromyalgia mentioned in one of the many cures to those things that you know are scams.. its like they are preying on the newly diagnosed and any scam pisses me off but i guess i take this one more personal since my mom believes them all and thinks im just gonna be able to do something simple and everything go away.. but ANYWAYS.. have you noticed this outbreak of things that mention fibro? like the stuff you spray on your skin (i dont know anything about that one) or the foot pads (which have been proven are scams) do you take more offense due to its an easy target since most people with it are desperate?
Hi moon! Yes, I agree with you. This is one of my biggest pet peeves! It's nothing short of wrong. We who have Fibromyalgia and other incurable chronic pain conditions are incredibly vulnerable so we become targets. All of us would give just about anything to make the pain stop, so when some of us see the word "cure" it's like a ray of hope and sadly some of fall for it hook, line and sinker. The newest commercial "3 sprays directly into your mouth and your pain is gone!" OH PUUULLLLLEEEEEZZZZZZ! And this guy is probably already a millionaire and thousands of people who tried it are still in pain. I swear sometimes I just want to hunt these people down and punch them right square in the mouth.
yep.. i am cautious unless its prescription medication to try anything just because at least if its prescription i feel like they have at least tried it and know that it has helped people with my issues
I have to say, your comment about hunting them down made me smile! I have constant headaches (some are migraines and some are sensitivity to the medication), and the commercials don't help.