Share your uses of petroleum jelly...

@Zelmarq (11503)
Cebu City, Philippines
I am using petroleum jelly for moisturizing my lips and also my feet. Thought its greasy but still I use it for my feet then I use socks so that the grease wont spread just anywhere and I just put on petroleum jelly when its time for me to sleep. I hope you can share your ways of using the petroleum jelly.
@zer0charly (5618)
just like you, I use petroleum jelly on my feet because it softens my callouses. I also use that on my wounds, insect bites. it will leave no scars in your skin when those wounds and insect bites are gone.. I also put it into my lashes before I go to sleep. it can thicken your lashes.. and would you believe that I am also putting petroleum jelly on my underarm? it helps to soften your U.A skin and helps to minimize chicken skin..
geeee! thanks for the best response!
@jillmalitz (5132)
it is also good for makeup removal and night cream.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I have not used it for makeup removal, maybe I can try it and see the effects. Thank you for sharing.
@planejane (188)
I have found that smearing petroleum jelly on doorknobs is a great deterrant for keeping children out of the bedroom when my boyfriend and I want some time alone. Their little hands just can't get a grip on the doorknob to open it.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
WOw thats a unique use of your petroleum jelly. I just you wont forget to remove the jelly. Surely its slimy.
@lucy02 (5017)
I use it on my feet too after bathing and using a pumice. I slather on the petroleum jelly and then put on some old socks. It leaves my feet really soft. I also use it to take off eye makeup. I had a friend that use to put petroleum jelly around her eyes to keep wrinkles away. I tried this but it made my eyes too puffy.
One time, I was having problems with my earring posts making my ear lobes sore. A friend on mine told me to dip the posts into petroleum jelly before I put the earrings in. So I did and the did not hurt at all. I have used petroleum jelly myself like you would for diaper rash...especially after I would have diarrhea. It relieves the pain and burning on the skin a lot.
@idowrite72 (2214)
It is good for protecting children's faces when they go out to play in the cold weather, to avoid chapping. It is also good for diaper rash. I don't think that is necessarily clears it up but keeps it from getting worse. Sometimes helps to get a ring off that is stuck on your finger.
@aseretdd (13709)
Petroleum jelly has a lot of uses... it is like the wonder jelly of our time... i usually apply this to my baby's rashes... and after a few hours... they will disappear... even with the rash that appears on my face when it is very very hot... and it usually works... When there is not hair gel available... my husband uses petroleum jelly... it makes his hair shine a lot...
@gemini_rose (16193)
I use petroleum jelly on my daughters skin, she has exma, sorry I know that I have spelt it wrong but I forget how to spell it and I cannot seem to find it in the dictionary. I also use it for when I am plucking my eyebrows, I put a bit on and then for some reason it does not hurt when I pluck, dont know why!!
@checapricorn (16069)
HI Zel, I am using petroleum jelly for like 2 years and I love it..I also used it im lips whenever it gets dry and most especially, I love to apply it in my feet and ankle..It helps me erase some of the marks I got from a tight shoes/new shoes! Very effective indeed...I got all my friends as well as my Sister who loves using it even it the smell is not that inviting..LOL!
@misty99 (736)
I use petroleum jelly as moisturizer on my face and on my feet----but i wrap my feet with cling film and then the socks.I have used it also on my c-section scar and stretch marks on my tummy.For my kids,i uses petroleum jelly on their knees and elbows.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Zelmarq! I use petroleum jelly the same way. It really leaves the feet so soft and smooth. I apply it twice in a week at nights before I sleep and put socks on after application. I have also used it for my nieces and nephews before when they were still wearing diapers, to avoid rashes. Take care and God Bless!
@stephcjh (32328)
I mainly use it for my chapped hands. I have never tried to use it on my feet before. It is also a good lubricant for chapped lips too.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
WOw, I feel its really warm with the jelly on our hand, Im sure im not confortable with it. When I apply jelly on my feet I immediately wash my hands coz it making me uncomfortable. Thank you.
@Yazo0_0 (74)
I use it for my hair because it gives it the shininess it needs and it is generally easy to comb. I also use it on my face because it doesn't cause any pimples or acne on that area.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Wow, I have heard a few unique uses of the jelly and im just surprised to know that it can also be used for hair and face. Thank you so much for sharing.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I have used petrolem jelly on my lips when I ran out of lip gloss before.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
This week im having an experiment on using the jelly as lips stick for the whole week. Coz I have noticed that my lips were not as red as before because of using lipstick.
My husbad and I both use the stuff on our feet to soften up he hard skin on them, and to keep them from peeling. We both hae the same problem with our feet, and that seems to do the job for both of us.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Yes, i also do that but there are times that I forget and almost always I dont like coz im too lazy to do it.