people lying down the streets...

@vanities (11376)
Davao, Philippines
actually i had remember this incident when i had read some discussion about the past and all ..it happened when im still in grade school..the teacher/principal dismissed us the students earlier than its normal time of dismissal..its like a kind of emergency i thought ..and my mom was there picking me up and we hurriedly went home..i dont know what happened but my mom told me that he saw people lying down the streets looks like they are having a seizure with saliva coming out from their mouth ..they thought that its a kind of air poisoning that we wear mask to protect ourselves even inside the house..it was then found out that it was due to the pandesal(bread we used to eat every morning) that causes the seizures..the baker had put some poison on it(bread) due to his anger to the management of the bake shopped...and to think that we always eat that bread every morning..luckily the man who delivers it did not appear that morning since he had eaten it first ..if not then maybe i or my family would have been affected by it..its been years since i get over this incident ..i was not able to eat that bread for a long time ..afraid that it will happen again..( it happened during 70's and its real)..
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i hope this will not happen again in the future. did you know what happened to the baker? i think he should pay for what he had done. what he did is not a joke, we all eat that kind of bread not only in the morning but even in the night time. (oh, i miss bonete, lol)...
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
he was arrested .. its a horrible act..and must be punished..
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
Thanks for the pencil my dear friend. p.s. i really miss the bonete. lol
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
bonete?
Vanities how scarythat must have been for you and your family too. What an awful thing for that baker to do and adding poison to a food thing like bread that everyone would eat. I am so glad that the man who delivered the bread for your family did not make it to your house. I do hope the baker was put in jail for what he did.
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
he was i guess...just really cant imagine why innocent people will be affacted on such anger...
@arkaf61 (10882)
WOw, I have never witnessed anything like that, but it is a scary thought. One that unfortunately we can't dismiss. The truth is that anyone with a grunge can do something like that. I think I remember something about tylenol pills long ago. Someone added something to it that could be lethal. THe scary part is that it can happen to anything food, drinks, medication even something we buy that has some sort of poison added to the package. The good news - if there are any in cases like this - is that things are advanced enough for the police to be able to track back who did it or where it came from . Still, it's .. well scary to day the least.
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
it was scary indeed to think that it happened decades ago..which means its still possible at this time of age...one has to be wary i guess..
@jillhill (37384)
Yikes! That's a pretty horrible thing to remember! I don't think I would ever eat bread again! I bet it was very scary to see something like that happen!
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
it is indeed horrible!!even up to now im hesitant to buy bread..especially the pandesal thing
This i call it as God's grace, and lucky that you have not eaten the bread.. The incident which you saw more than 35 years ago is still afresh in your mind.. from this i can really visualise how much happenings would have recorded in your mind.. Really happenings that touched our heart will not forget, despite years rolling by. Take care.
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
i remember it when a fellow mylotter had start something about her past ..which focuses on the economy and other things..that trigger my bad memories on such horrible event..
@roshand8 (1481)
• Sri Lanka
that's a quite weird story.Take care and Cheers..
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
not really weird ...it really happens..and thanks for your response