Punishment by teachers

Hi, i would like to ask a question. Don't the female teachers feel sad while beating students.I AM in india. in my school the female teachers beats us with cane and stick so severely on our palms and buttocks. don't they think. we have got a science teacher who beats us severle and repeatedly with cane. what will be her thinking. i tihn she wants to hurt us.
@jojuana (311)
• Jamaica
In Jamaica teachers can punish students via detention,a(careful)slap,yes they would slap us the palm or bottom but not abusively. If that was me i would write on the board that Miss X is a witch,i would glue her to her chair,or make her slide a banana peals(actually i did that to an English teacher when i was in high school) i confided in no one because i know i could be betrayed and put to serious punishments),i sent her notes that i types so no one would recognize my hand writing.that lady needs to be taught a good lesson. BAD TEACHER. SHE IS.
Is it against the law in India? When i was young in china. I knew some teachers punished their students in this way. Did their parents know this? what is their response?
@naty1941 (2336)
Here in the USA that is considered child abuse and the teacher can go to prison for that.
So, is that allowed in your country? Corporal punishment has long been abolished here in our country. By the way, I am from the Philippines. Now, when teachers hit their students or even just utter offensive words towards students, it is already considered as abuse. I can't imagine how teachers are capable of hurting children considering that these children were entrusted to them by their parents. I hope your government can do something about that.
@meiji15 (665)
is that even legal? here in the philippines it is considered as a form of abuse. back when i was in college, it is a psychological warfare. professors do not physically strain you, but mentally--you will be wasted. particularly when they start picking on your weaknesses. like if you are not prepared for a recitation, embarrassment is the least of your problems. your grades will be on the line, as well as your self-confidence. and by the time the professors are finished with you, you will end up either beaten and broken or stronger than ever. and that is how i became a 'fighter' back in college. i have my professors to thank. and to be honest, i think the reason why they conduct themselves that way is for their students to be prepared in the real life---away from the secured walls of the university